Looking at an E55 in Birmingham tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimiE55

Car
E55k
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. I have been taking in all the knowledge on the forum for a while, and looking for an E55 211 for a while on pistonheads autotrader etc.

I am in Cardiff so nothing local. Going with the old man to Birmingham to look at one saturday. I rang MSL, the lady said hopefully someone would be around saturday to talk about future performance Mod's.

The car is silver on autotrader & pistonheads, £8,995 111k. The IC pump has been done at MSL, that one issue out the way.

Going to ring MSL again now, to see if i can pay to have it looked at if they can fit me in at short notice!

James

If MSL fitted the I/C pump they may have more knowledge about the car?

Tony.

Acid @ MSL will look after you.

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. I have been taking in all the knowledge on the forum for a while, and looking for an E55 211 for a while on pistonheads autotrader etc.

I am in Cardiff so nothing local. Going with the old man to Birmingham to look at one saturday. I rang MSL, the lady said hopefully someone would be around saturday to talk about future performance Mod's.

The car is silver on autotrader & pistonheads, £8,995 111k. The IC pump has been done at MSL, that one issue out the way.

Going to ring MSL again now, to see if i can pay to have it looked at if they can fit me in at short notice!

James

If its vx05 i nearly bought this car back in August. You need to get this looked at by Acid before any money changes hands.

It had major issues back in August. Dealer at the time ended up sending it to auction.

Its probable they may have looked after this car in terms of servicing etc...if not get them to have a look at it for you, either way I am sure Acid at MSL will sort you out:thumb: their isn't much he does not know about W211 E55:D

The ad is a bit contradictory don't you think?

"**IDEAL FAMILY CAR with 5 seats and Spacious boot**"

"Genuine reason for sale is due looking for a bigger family car !! £8995 OV.N.O !! P/X WELCOME SENSIABLE OFFERS ONLY!!"

1 owner??? Or should that be 1 previous owner??? Mrhanky said "Dealer ended up sending it to auction.

Now for sale by a Private seller.

Be careful James, it could be a money pit.

Got my months mixed up it was actually July this year I was going to buy this car, even had the cash out of the bank.

So if the dealer didnt take it to auction in the end, this chap if he is a private seller bought it earliest July this year. So why is he selling a car like this three months later?? I have a pretty good idea why!

Now it may be this chap bought it and fixed all its issues and now had decided to sell it on having spent a small fortune. Or its not what it seems to be and this chap is not telling the full story.

Worth holding out for a good one if this isn't all it seems.

I bought mine a year ago and have put 20,000 miles on it, which is double it's yearly average to date and she's just a fabulous vehicle to drive. I have spent a few quid on mine in that time, but not really predictable issues.

Good luck and happy hunting.

If its vx05 i nearly bought this car back in August. You need to get this looked at by Acid before any money changes hands.

It had major issues back in August. Dealer at the time ended up sending it to auction.

Any idea what the issues were MrH?

Looks low spec going by the lack of options on the Comand. Probably no Keyless or the seller would have mentioned it.

I'm sure there are one or two being sold by forum members at the moment should this one not be suitable.

Any idea what the issues were MrH?

Looks low spec going by the lack of options on the Comand. Probably no Keyless or the seller would have mentioned it.

I'm sure there are one or two being sold by forum members at the moment should this one not be suitable.

When I saw the car it needed the following doing :

• New V8 Komp badge on near side
  • 3 new wheel centre caps
  • four new tyres
  • Alloy refurb
  • Scuffs to bumpers
  • Front wings and bonet was rough to touch, felt like it had bodyshop overspray on them
  • Armrest fake wood trim missing
  • New drivers seat adjustment switch as the head rest button had snapped off.
  • Drivers seat was a mess and needed a full refurb
  • New grill was missing a piece of chrome slat
  • New duo valve as rear was getting cooked
  • New pads and discs needed
  • Sketchy service history - needed full service and no plugs had been changed.
  • Raise car warning was on and I could hear pump working its little heart out
  • Seemed to lack power - looks like it was IC pump
  • Knocking noises from front - suspect engine mounts where bad
  • Steering was wooly - suspect ball joints needed doing
  • Knocking noise from rear when pulling off - sounded bad not sure what it was
  • Gear changes where not smooth
  • Car was warm when I arrived - asked for it not to be started
  • At idle gearbox seemed to vibrate slightly - could feel against left leg
The car I went to buy was a mint example, 05, 805 build, 1 owner with full service history. I turned up and it had just failed its MOT due to brakes and the knocking.

Needless to say I wallked sorry I ran away :wallbash:

Last edited:
^ That is a big list! No wonder you left that well alone. Sounds very uncared for.

I rang the seller regarding this car
Packistani chap seemed genuine
Enough , he's a bus driver apparently !!

I rang the seller regarding this car
Packistani chap seemed genuine
Enough , he's a bus driver apparently !!

Thats a shame if he has ended up with a lemon which I hope he had not. Still dont get why he would be selling this car three months later, simply does not make sense.

But then again I dont trust anyone :D

^ That is a big list! No wonder you left that well alone. Sounds very uncared for.

Yeah it was the forth car I saw and made the others look like concours condition.

Thats not to say the new owner or the dealer didnt put all those things right and now its what its advertised as being.

Thats not to say the new owner or the dealer didnt put all those things right and now its what its advertised as being.

Is it still the same price as when you looked at it? That should tell you if any work has been carried out. With that extensive list you posted, it wouldn't be cheap to put right.

For the OP, this is the guy on the forum selling one you may be interested in if the one in Birmingham isn't for you.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2006601-post42.html

Thank you all, travelling up, will let you know. If the cars not right, it will be on to the next. I hadn't realised there was a car for sale on the forum, will be in touch.

We were going to look at a number of cars up north accross the weekend, but sticking to today, and back to cardiff later. May pop up to a black e55 70k in Sheffield today if we have time. Although its up for £13995! Not what the ceiling price is for e55 market price wise.

Sorry for late contribution to this thread, but if you're passing Worcester and fancy a quick look at mine, let me know. Its a '55 plate, 64k, black, pano, command, keyless, lingua, active seats, heated rears. Might be willing to part with it for the right money.

Sorry for late contribution to this thread, but if you're passing Worcester and fancy a quick look at mine, let me know. Its a '55 plate, 64k, black, pano, command, keyless, lingua, active seats, heated rears. Might be willing to part with it for the right money.

You need to see this car and its on your way ti Birmingham.

Thanks again everyone for your help. Was a pretty hectic saturday, got back to cardiff late. Tde1 I am so gutted I hadn't seen your post! Not an issue though, as I am more than willing to travel back up again. Is your car for sale on any of the platforms?

Are you able to send me some photo's and details? Black is tge colour I'm after.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom