Looking at an E55 in Birmingham tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cant recommend Acid and MSL enough, they have always done a first rate job on my car. Its great to have the trust as when Acid tells me something needs changing or doing I know it does.

Jimi I think your approaching this car hunt in totally the correct and sensible way. Which is hard as the car has such allure and being around them makes you want one more.

When I was looking I wasnt to bothered by the condition of the bodywork. It was the mechancials and usual suspects of issues that I was concerned with.

Totally agree with above...hang in there, many of us including myself spent months waiting for the right E55 ( I also wanted Black with certain toys)...it will come along eventually:thumb:

Yes me also, mechanically as sound as possible was the aim. That is obviously still the case, plus the list of usual suspects, but was really surprised at the condition of the sheffield car bodywork wise. It had a real wow factor in fairness.

Allure is correct. Been looking online for a year or two, but only now making the move. I was actually surprised that i liked the drive, even more than i had expected.

Had a couple of swift cars previously, but this is much quicker. I do drive the old mans car aswell, which is prob a bit quicker than a standard e55. He has modified a V8 350 sport lotus esprit, which in the 500-550 region, but obviously a fair bit lighter at around the 1350kg mark.

I am sure Acid can help me sort him out though.

Jim

Wow 500hp and 1350kg bet that thing is mental!

When I was looking I looked at a car up at a dealer for £13.5k, I was hoping it had issues but it was super mint and looked awesome. Sadly I was just taunting myself as it was too expensive for my budget as he would not budge on price.

Mine ended up needing new brakes, mounts and airpump. Luckily I paid some of it on a credit card and was able to claim most of the cost back from the dealer.

Don't like blowing smoke up his ****, but have to admit he has done a good job building his car. Does have an addictive acceleration, and an uncharacteristically a good sound from what he has done with it.

I hear you, i fealt awful driving back down the motorway, not doing a deal on the sheffield car. I am a realist mind, will not be surprised, what ever i pay, if one of the usual suspect faults raises it's head a couple of months after purchase. Just have to do the best to find a mechanically sound car (at that time), and have a good few quid aside.

Bugga, just realised, my message probably didn't get to Tim, it just mentioned on the forum about 30 posts before you can send private messages when i tried again!

If anyone could help by letting him know, that would be much appreciated.

James

Bugga, just realised, my message probably didn't get to Tim, it just mentioned on the forum about 30 posts before you can send private messages when i tried again!

If anyone could help by letting him know, that would be much appreciated.

James

James i have sent him a pm to view the thread and make contact with you.

Good luck with the search

Another thumbs up for Acid from me, I travelled all the way from Glasgow to see the man and get some work done on my old E63 which I miss soo much.

He'll keep you in the right and look after you.

Echo the comments on Acid. Top notch all round!

I would happily take my car to MSL for regular servicing if I was in that area - and the fact they are miles away and I was happy to go there for my mods speaks volumes for me!

Yes we enjoyed our visit, meeting Acid. Very likely to be going back for Mods when I find the right car. That's one decision that seems pretty easy. Just a case of how far I go with mods, as i work from home so no stress on the car miles wise.

Yes we enjoyed our visit, meeting Acid. Very likely to be going back for Mods when I find the right car. That's one decision that seems pretty easy. Just a case of how far I go with mods, as i work from home so no stress on the car miles wise.

It's a slippery slope once you start with the modding...

I'll be at MSL tomorrow (again)

What are you having done. Is it an e63 you are modding?

Very nice! What have you had done on it to date, & power increases?

I see now its a 2013 car. That's pretty high up the 500's to start isn't it. I had considered old e63, but pro's & con's prob sends me in the e55 route.

It's not had much really, started with LSD, then one of Acid's tuning boxes which made a fair old difference and the rear resonator's been removed by Imran.

Currently at just about the 700 horsepower mark according to the last Dyno day which MSL ran. :D I'm mainly doing this exhaust mod for the throttle response and generally smoothing the power out as, at least from my reading up on it, it's a very worthwhile thing to do.

The standard car (5.5 Bi-Turbo facelift model) is supposed to put out 557, with the S model about another 30 (for an extra £10k), though they all seem slightly different.

I see, just 700 of your finest Amg Horse's then! Very Nice indeed.

PM sent jimi.c, with thanks to Mr H.

Acid has seen my car, at MSL and VMax. Not sure if he'll remember it though. Busy guy, fantastic at what he does.

Vmax Starfire - YouTube

Here we are, at 1.44. Beat him on the 1/4 mile, but in fairness it wasn't a fair win. His wagon was still being tested that day, and was bouncing off the limiter. You can see me bottling it as soon as I see the corner in the distance :p He's flying by then.

One of the only times I've ever actually 'floored' it :eek:

Last edited:
Tim did you forget our conversation about your car last week ,you were
going to send me some details and
Price cheers Andy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom