Looking at w211 estates tom - advise?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheeky

hi, new here and new to possible merc ownership!

Currently own a P reg rover 214 for 3 years - its a shed (cost £300!) but i also have my P&J, a VXR220 (couldnt get 2 young boys in to take them to nursery!) Missus has a 03 accord exec spec. We have decided to get a safer car as the rover is a rust bucket and not the safest place for a family tbh. We agreed on £5kish (saab, volvo estate) Popped into a car supermarket and missus saw a newish zafira and now would rather spend extra on a 7 seater... Hence, we are going to look at E class 7 seater mercs :cool:

Any advise on engines/specs? We dont do much mileage so cant see the diesel premium paying back. Going to see a car at merc direct tomorrow, though seem pricey -
http://www.directmercedes.co.uk/veh...iant%3d%26startdate%3d%26perpage%3d%26page%3d

There is also a E200k at Birmingham for £11k.... Thoughts?

Personally, if I were spending £11K I would buy from auction or privately. I don't know current book prices on the range, but you should get something interesting for that sort of money. I assume you know all the usual buying rules.

As to the cars themselves, the 200 is a small engine for that size of car - how about the 220? Diesel MBs don't usually cost any more than their petrol counterparts and are more desirable, I think.

Make sure your kids aren't growing too quickly: the 7 seats in a Zafira are all quite accomodating, those back two seats in the MB are really only for small kiddies and are, of course, rear facing (I suggest you try them out before going into this too much further).

Good luck.

Philip

If you want a 7 seater, and you want a Merc, and you are not worried about fuel, what about an ML, very good value at the moment.

If you want a 7 seater, and you want a Merc, and you are not worried about fuel, what about an ML, very good value at the moment.

ML270 cdi (diesel) aren't bad on fuel for a 4x4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom