Looking for 40 replacement bolts for 2 piece 18 inch AMG split rim wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my 2 piece AMG Split Rim 18 inch wheels refurbished by Lepsons. (Picture of wheel type attached)

Two of the wheels had been painted before I bought them and therefore the bolts were painted over. Lepsons have emailed saying that they have stripped the paint and can potentially re-use the bolts, but that the teeth inside some of the bolts have been ground down in the past and if re-used (which they think they can do) will not look perfect. They asked if I can source some new bolts - 40 of them. I have asked Lepsons if they know the spec / make of the bolts and I am awaiting a reply.

Does anyone know what the spec is and if I can get 40 new / good condition used bolts from anywhere? I would rather have nice looking bolts on my refurbed wheels if possible.

Thanks

Ian

Attachments

• Wheel 2 outside.jpg
    Wheel 2 outside.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 10
If it helps any the ones on mine are stamped BBS (the maker of the wheels) on one side and "VS" on the other:

PW Motorsport are a BBS dealer, they should be able to provide. They only do titanium replacements, so not cheap - circa £100 for 40.

Pertsch and Partner is another option.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

I actually did a little searching on the net and someone suggested I contact SplitRims.co.uk.

So I sent an email and 2 minutes later Bill at SplitRims emailed and said that he had 40 BBS bolts for he wheels and is sending them to Lepsons now.

Amazing service, so thanks to Bill at SplitRims.co.uk. :)

Ian :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom