Looking for a C250 amg sport coupe. Any suggestions on what to look out for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jakespw202

Car
W202
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Mercedes C250 CDI BLUEEFFICIENCY AMG SPORT.

Any suggestions on what to look out for when buying? Ideally I would want FMSH etc and as clean/highly spec'd example as possible (as most buyers).

Is there anything in particular to look out for with this model though, any known faults? Does the gearbox need to have been serviced per so many miles?
Would you avoid one that had not had this done (looking for a sub 50K miles in the hope to keep for 3ish years).

Thanks a lot

Timing chain tensioner start up rattle

That one is a manual gearbox !

Water pump

Dpf pressure sensor

Fuel filter housing coolant inlet outlet

Permanently disable Stop Start .

I’d say avoid the manual gearbox like that plague. Me and my partner had a 2012 C220 manual & within 6 months the clutch and gearbox failed. Merc ended up giving us all our money back & knocking a good chunk of money off a E250.

I’d say avoid the manual gearbox like that plague. Me and my partner had a 2012 C220 manual & within 6 months the clutch and gearbox failed. Merc ended up giving us all our money back & knocking a good chunk of money off a E250.
thanks for your reply

Defo, Pan Roof, preferably in White (my personal opinion) If you can. :) 👍

Avoid Fire Opal Red
The pan-roof apparently reduces rear headroom

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Mercedes C250 CDI BLUEEFFICIENCY AMG SPORT.

Any suggestions on what to look out for when buying? Ideally I would want FMSH etc and as clean/highly spec'd example as possible (as most buyers).

Is there anything in particular to look out for with this model though, any known faults? Does the gearbox need to have been serviced per so many miles?
Would you avoid one that had not had this done (looking for a sub 50K miles in the hope to keep for 3ish years).

Thanks a lot
I've just bought almost exactly that car, 2014 with pan roof, rear camera, 18 inch alloys but 70k on the clock...fsh and one call to merc watford talked me though minor issues and with added research these models are bullet proof, fun and mpg not too bad if you can stay away from the torque fun. Good luck.

Also avoid the Artico fake leather .

20190111_091711.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom