looking for a car for my mother in law

pagzzy

hi guys as your such a friendly bunch i was wondering if anyone can help...

my mother in law is looking for a new car in particular a mercedes a-class or c-class on a 2008 or newer model. her budget is 10k

i was wondering if anyone knew where to look instead of the main stealers at this stage or a decent car dealer in york...

any suggestions or guidance would be appreicated hopefully i can shine as the knowledgeable son in law ... lol
many thanks

JOB-BLACK-RAT

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 5 series 'ahem'
Well there's going to be a few ex police vehicles going cheap in the auctions soon, though I think mostly Astra's ;)

OP
OP
pagzzy

pagzzy

ahh come on guys some serious help... with all the knowledge .... i was hoping what to look out for with an a class as i have never driven one ...

D

Deleted member 37751

What sort of specification is she looking for in the car?

JOB-BLACK-RAT

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 5 series 'ahem'
Group hug!!

smiley-hug008.gif

I left the family fold for BMW so I'll have to let somebody else give you a real bit of advice :D

rascalmaster

MB Enthusiast
Car
Brabus D5 (E280 CDI) Avantgarde, E280 CDI Sport Estate, E320 Avantgarde now sold
mercedes approved used are cheaper than the stealers by quite a margin.

march april is the best time to get good deals though; as they are trying to meet targets...

apart from a good deal as part of the bargaining- its easy to get 2 years tier 1 warranty thrown in... which gives a lot of peace of mind...

Mercedes-Benz UK - Approved Used - Approved Used

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
ahh come on guys some serious help... with all the knowledge .... i was hoping what to look out for with an a class as i have never driven one ...

Ah, geddit now, when it all goes wrong, you'll be blaming us eh??:bannana:

OP
OP
pagzzy

pagzzy

she test drove an a class today and when i asked her for the spec she was clueless.... tut ut

i think a low spec a150, a160 model classic se 2008 plate or newer hoefully less then 20k on it .... i have no clue on the a class and she is guided by the mb dealers

who have somehow suggested going for a c class.... when she wants a a class

rascalmaster

MB Enthusiast
Car
Brabus D5 (E280 CDI) Avantgarde, E280 CDI Sport Estate, E320 Avantgarde now sold
they're also offering 3 years free servicing i think, at the moment...

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
hi guys as your such a friendly bunch i was wondering if anyone can help...

my mother in law is looking for a new car in particular a mercedes a-class or c-class on a 2008 or newer model. her budget is 10k

i was wondering if anyone knew where to look instead of the main stealers at this stage or a decent car dealer in york...

any suggestions or guidance would be appreicated hopefully i can shine as the knowledgeable son in law ... lol
many thanks

I've got one with dodgy brakes if you fancy it? :crazy:

An A class will be easier to park but I'd say a C class will be more comfortable.

Our very own Howard has an A class and he should be able to offer plenty of advice.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
OK, to be serious, if I was looking for browny points for ma-in-law (fat lot of good it would do me!) I would steer her away from the A. I flirted with the idea recently for a second car and after looking round decided that for around £10,000 I could get far better value and a far better car than an A - and I did!

D

Deleted member 37751

I think she will struggle to pick up a decent low mileage 2008 W204 for £10k to be honest with you, but there will be a lot more choice with the A Class for that money.

How far are you/she willing to travel for a car?

OP
OP
pagzzy

pagzzy

OK, to be serious, if I was looking for browny points for ma-in-law (fat lot of good it would do me!) I would steer her away from the A. I flirted with the idea recently for a second car and after looking round decided that for around £10,000 I could get far better value and a far better car than an A - and I did!

what did you guys go for. when she first asked she was toying with a honda, toyota and we did the rounds. patient as ever with her but in her mind she was set with a mercedes.

I think she will struggle to pick up a decent low mileage 2008 W204 for £10k to be honest with you, but there will be a lot more choice with the A Class for that money.

How far are you/she willing to travel for a car?

she is willing to travel up and down the UK - dont ask me why lol

i know doing a autotrader and mercedes search i found 2 potentials

1. c180 se 2008 under 29k for £12945 and 3 yrs free servicing

2. a150 classic se 2008 under 14k miles for £7995

D

Deleted member 37751

Just thinking that if you're in beautiful Yorkshire there are quite a few car supermarkets around, these might be a good bet as well because they have vehicle sourcers. The Car People is in Wakefield, I bought my Nissan Navara from them and the service was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom