Looking for a Holiday villa - suggestions??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSmart

I'm looking for a holiday villa to rent - I've not had much success on the internet, and would like to recieve any personnel recommendations

I need:

Villa with character to suit My wife and 2yr old daughter (and me!) - so not too large,
with private pool (or within small complex - ie max 6 villa sharing),
Quiet location, but,
walking distance to a few restaurants
preferably walking distance to beach (optional)
Decent resort / location (my wife's a bit snobbish!!!!)
Warm and sunny - mediterranean
available in May
no cost limit

At the least can anyone suggest a location to narrow my search

thanks

not a villa but may help with comparing what you get

Luxury, spacious apartment right on the beach in Marbella - 2005

marbella

try

how about Nerja costa del sol .....we go thier every year and its perfect no yobs no youths ... just families and couples... loads of suburban places a little hilly in parts burriana beech is lovely fly to Malaga car hire a must 40 mins by car check out Capistrano oasis ...and burriana beech we love it and the best bit is the cost of living there its peanuts...because you pay the same as the spainish who live there

The atmosphere in Nerja is that of time having stood still. Some of its twisting alleyways, lined with shops and restaurants, lively by day and by night, are still cobbled. The shops here are varied and leather goods are one of the best buys. In the surrounding countryside, you can still see teams of oxen ploughing the fields, men riding side-saddle on their mules and goats wandering freely on the land. At the same time, Nerja has all the facilities of a modern resort. Charming but lively with its traditional tapas bars, night shopping and a huge variety of excellent restaurants, many offering local specialities such as red mullet, paella and garlic soup. One of the favourite places to eat is the nearby Burriana Beach, which is just a short walk from the property via the track leading through the avocado groves. Here one can enjoy the aroma of skewered sardines or watch the chefs preparing the paella over a wood burning fire. Just about the best paella on the Costa del Sol - and you can go back for seconds!! Nerja boasts many small coves reached by walking the Paseo de los Carabineros from Burriana to the Balcon de Europa.

The surrounding countryside is filled with whitewashed sleepy Andalusian villages and orchards scented with ripening oranges and lemons. Six kilometres from Nerja is Frigiliana, one of Andalusia's most picturesque villages. The outsides of the houses on the narrow streets are decorated with vibrantly coloured flowers. The village also has wonderful views over the surrounding valleys and out to the coast.

CAVES OF NERJA - 3kms. east along the Motril road. These are natural archaeological caves containing the world's widest column shaped by the merge of a stalactite and a stalagmite (Guiness Record 1989). Traces of paintings, the discovery of weapons and tools, jewels and bones, indicate that the cave was inhibited in the Palaeolithic era. An annual festival of music and dance is held in the Sala de la Cascada.

LAKE AT VINUELA - Take the A352 north from Velez-Malaga to Vinuela. Enjoy an extremely pleasant lunch at El Lagar, sitting on their beautiful terrace overlooking the lake. There's few better ways to pass an hour or two.

FRIGILIANA - Picturesque Andalucian village in the Sierra Almijara mountains where you can taste the delicious vino del terreno (sweet wine) and Choto (goat kid).

and if you fancy a a bit if a boozy do go these times

January 16 Feast of St. Anthony in Maro.
February 7-10 Carnival.
Easter Street processions, Famous Annual Passion Play at Rio Gordo on Good Friday and Easter Saturday.
May 14/15 Feast of San Isidro in Maro.
June 23/24 Feast of San Juan.
July International festival in the Cave de Nerja.
July 16 'El Carmen'.
September 7-9 Fiesta de las Maravillas in Maro.
October 9-12 Local fair.
December 24 Migas Fiesta, Torrox. Dried breadcrumbs fried with tasty garnishes at annual shindig.
December 28 Fiesta de Verdiales, Puerto de la Torre, Malaga. Lubricated by vino, folk singers and dancers converge on hills north of Malaga for a bizarre boozy fiesta where costumed groups called 'Pandas' take part in the primitive music of Verdiales competition, held on Spain's equivalent of April Fools' Day.

if you require any help with car hire etc let me now

May 14/15 Feast of San Isidro in Maro. this is just one long precession with oxen and cart picador on stallions national costume music dancing.....you can join in they pass on the main road 2 bottles of red + a lite bit or just hold your glass under the hundreds of containers on the back of the carts filled with wine....a great day
we have been to all of them hic :bannana:

Last edited:
Mark.T, do you edit "A Place In the Sun??" It sounds fantastic!! :D

Try this - we stayed there last summer - stunning and good value.

A lovely place. Pool overlooks the bay and is very quiet. This is a privately owned apartment with stunning location and sea views - owned by an English couple from Gloucestershire

www.villefranchedream.com

Its in the South of France - 15 minutre drive from Monaco and 15 minutes from Nice airport. My wife did a great deal of retail therapy in Monaco, monte carlo, and if your into cars Monaco is a delight.

PM me if you have any questions.

Marc

grasmere said:
not a villa but may help with comparing what you get

Luxury, spacious apartment right on the beach in Marbella - 2005

marbella

Marbella.... full of British pubs and South American whores if I recall :( I suppose its alright if thats the bag you're into :devil:

Stayed Here 2 years ago - great place, if quiet, Owned by ex US professor, good bloke. Pictures on the site do not do it justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom