Looking for a nice w123 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montreal

Car
Merc
I would love a nice w123 280TE. Top spec would be nice but I'd love to use one as a daily driver. Needs to look good with hardly any rust (I know). I dont want a show car but one with good mechanicals and that is non leaky is important. Would consider a 230TE but no diesel or smaller petrols. Let me know if you know of one. D

Green 230TE - comfortably 4 figure price

I know someone with a low owner mid metallic green 230TE that they keep garaged and use as a Familienwagen. They would certainly be looking for something in the mid-to upper-teens for it, as they see it as a modern classic / bit of Mercedes history.

If this is of any interest, let me know and I'll talk to him about it.

Fully understand that it's a lot of money for a 35 year old using old tech componentry, with the smaller engine and a slightly meh colour.

They are great cars. The problem is they just get used, and proper renovation is never going to be economic.

This photo is NOT the actual car, but it is this kind of mid green. Their car isn't concours, but it's certainly safe and solid.

Mercedes_230_TE.jpg

I think mid to upper teens is a ridiculously ambitious price for a non immaculate car, how do you value such a thing anyway

Good but not concours / European prices

Their car is in excellent order, but isn't a gleaming concours car like the one pictured. But agreed, impossible to judge value in such an illiquid market

I see these things at Rowing Regattas during the Summer. Like 1980's Volvo Estates they have their long term family owners, but rarely get traded.

And at 30+ years old, don't forget that bodywork issues could be insanely expensive. Like the old family labrador, these things are maintained for love, not money.

Here's a LHD German Estate with 250km in good, but not concours, condition at £17k (NB far fewer RHD UK cars around than continental LHD's)

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/listing/mercedes-benz/123er/280-te/1983/73663

I think mid to upper teens is a ridiculously ambitious price for a non immaculate car, how do you value such a thing anyway

A 1984 280TE that formerly belonged to the singer Jamiroquai is currently for sale on Auto Trader at £7995. Thistle green, 128k with air con.

KSD said:
A 1984 280TE that formerly belonged to the singer Jamiroquai is currently for sale on Auto Trader at £7995. Thistle green, 128k with air con.

I would be checking that particular dealer out VERY carefully and its previous incarnation as Keighly Trade Centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom