Looking for a part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamiet1986

Car
w211 E55 AMG,
Looking for the part that connects the gearbox oil cooler line to the rad as in the picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• CA8290CC-058A-4235-811C-4F068F3B5783.jpeg
    CA8290CC-058A-4235-811C-4F068F3B5783.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 21
Post your VIN and I can look it up for you.
its not available separate from the rad as far as I know I just thought someone may have one

You are correct, Its a part of the rad..

Now, the threaded end - does that go into the cooler? It is possible to get a female to male connector that would allow you access and connect the two both in milde steel and in brass.. but it would come from an industrial piping company like Plumbcentre, Pipline supplies, BSS, Wolsley something along those lines and it may be a ballache as you don't have an account, failing that cash only.

I had this many years ago, broke the expansion pipe clean off the top of the radiator. It was a brand new radiator too.. had a mate bore out a bolt, tapped the hole and the broken piece, loctited the thread and screwed it into the rad.. better than before and never let me down..

You are correct, Its a part of the rad..

Now, the threaded end - does that go into the cooler? It is possible to get a female to male connector that would allow you access and connect the two both in milde steel and in brass.. but it would come from an industrial piping company like Plumbcentre, Pipline supplies, BSS, Wolsley something along those lines and it may be a ballache as you don't have an account, failing that cash only.

I had this many years ago, broke the expansion pipe clean off the top of the radiator. It was a brand new radiator too.. had a mate bore out a bolt, tapped the hole and the broken piece, loctited the thread and screwed it into the rad.. better than before and never let me down..

I've actually managed to find some in the USA so have shipped them over. There isn't a thread on the cooler line side it fits with a clip and has an O ring.

If all else fails I'll try and make something up, I actually own a commercial plumbing and heating company so I can get the threaded parts easy its the other bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom