Looking for a R129 SL320 1998-2001

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saffronman

Car
golf
All

I'm looking for a NON-MODDED UK spec SL320 in the last revision (1998-2001) ideally in silver, dark blue or black (not any green, or bright colours eg red, white, bright blues etc) in excellent condition with the following spec:

- up to 80K miles (would consider higher if low owners)
- auto
- 4 or less owners
- full service history with proof/bills of work done
- black or contrasting interior
- no evidence of smoking (smells)
- heated front seats
- memory seats
- back seats

Would really like:
- Xenons
- Pan roof:cool:

All leads appreciated.:thumb:

Thanks

Good choice!

Recently bought mine from the SL SHOP.

I spent months looking at cars which were cheaper, but all needed some work (money) to bring them to the condition I wanted. - In the end, I paid top money, but ended up with a top car and none of the hassle!

They had some nice stock, when I visited them again last week.

5 speed auto gearbox was standard from the '96 facelift onwards, btw. So you can cross that off the list :)

Thanks BTB 500

I should have said that my budget (which has been creeping up!) is now £16K.

The story is that I've always wanted a 124 coupe but when I went to classic car show last year I changed my mind ... it had to be a R129.

I would be using the car everyday for a 10mile round trip to work/home. The plan was to keep it for a couple of years but longer if possible.

I have been looking since Jan but I realised that my original requirements were unrealistic and now's there's not much around in my spec/price.:mad:

I'm thinking that I could leave it until autumn/winter when demand should drop but I want it now!

Not sure how common rear seats are on 320s. If that's a 'must have' you could perhaps include 500s, which had them as standard (unless fitted with the Bose sound system). If you're only doing around 4k miles a year the difference in running costs would be negligible IMHO. I wouldn't personally rule out a nice '96 facelift car ('96-'98) either ... might help with the budget! Quite a few R129s do low annual mileage - my '97 (which is not for sale!) is only on 58k with 2 previous owners and FMBSH, so I'm sure there are others around. Good luck with your search!

TryTurnbull & Oliver - they had a nice silver one, with a YouTube video too

I contacted them about 2-3 weeks ago and the guy had just sold it, don't know why it's still on their website

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks ShinyF1, I've contacted T&O , it's back on the market and I will check it on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ShinyF1, the T.&O silver one has 7 owners, so the search continues

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Saffronman, if you haven't already found a car perhaps you would consider an SL280? I am now selling mine and it matches most of what you are asking, back seats, pano top, black with cream leather. Only 4 owners inc. me but does have 118000 genuine miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom