Looking for a sprinter £9000 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bewley74

Car
Skoda Octavia
Looking to buy a sprinter for a camper conversion budget around £9000, im 6 foot 3, so I’m looking for a LWB with an extra high roof.
what can I realistically get for my money? Is there a specific year for a decent engine. Im doing lots of research myself, but would appreciate some opinions on here!
Thanks guys! 👍🏽

We are on our third Sprinter, the others being the 217Cdi with Sprint-Shift, then the 213 and now we have the 216 automatic. My wife is my chauffeur and she really liked the 217 with that excellent 'clutchless gearbox.

No votes for the 213 automatic as she thought it lacked the power of the 217

We now have the 216 and that is an excellent engine. I have no idea of fuel economy and to be honest I do not really care. I am guessing the dieselgate vultures are not going to make a penny from me.

I believe my wife at times tries to emulate James Hunt and I have been thrown out of my stretcher as she hurtled round a roundabout., Not quite thrown out, my head\arms were on the floor as were my legs but my waist was held in situ by the seatbelt so yes, the 216 is a good choice of engine but sadly our stretched limo is not for sale.

Do not be in any rush to buy your pride and joy as there will be a nice one out there somewhere and far be it for me to gossip but you can also find some very cheap COMAND units that are new and come in the box, plus they are really easy to install

To wet your appetite I will post piccies of my Sprinter although I think they might be already here 'somewhere' :)

Looking to buy a sprinter for a camper conversion budget around £9000, im 6 foot 3, so I’m looking for a LWB with an extra high roof.
what can I realistically get for my money? Is there a specific year for a decent engine. Im doing lots of research myself, but would appreciate some opinions on here!
Thanks guys! 👍🏽
The older less fashionable Sprinters (pre 2004?) will not have a DPF which is something to consider if you are not doing a lot of miles. That could be the reason even 20+ year old Sprinter campervans fetch good money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom