Looking for a town between Stamford and Grantham, Lincolnshire ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marvin16x

Car
1997 C280T
Hi everyone,

my best friend and I went to England in Summer 2013.
On the second day we went from Dover to Cambridge and then up the A1 until about 8 or 8.15 pm - looking at a pic my mate took from inside the car we must have passed Stamford at around 7.45.

We left the A1 at a rather small junction to reach some even smaller town 5-10 minutes west (quite a rural road, no markings). There were signs saying the town was rated the cleanest or prettiest or horticulturally most appealing, I have no idea what exactly. :dk:

This is all I know ...
Would be great if somebody could help! :D

Cheers
Marvin

lolaiumn.png

google maps street view

Follow the road and see if anything seems familiar.

I was out that way yesterday having lunch at Rutland Water. I had fish pie if your interested :D

10 mins from Stamford will get you past the first two red arrows, it may of been Wymondham. Did you see a windmill?

Thanks for your replies guys ... :)

Well what can I say?
Found the answer on page 2 of my road trip thread on this forum. :doh:
It says "we're now parking next to a farm about half a mile away from allington (nottingham area). we didnt like the roadhouses of the A1 at all, so decided to rather look for a sweet spot by the roadside somewhere off the motorway..." ...

So much for that.
I apologize, it's not between Stamford and Grantham but 3 miles northwest of the latter.

Still struggling to find the exact overnight spot on Street View though. Must be somewhere along Gonerby Lane ... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom