Looking for a winter hack up to £3,000.00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks exceptionally clean!

Unless you are a fellow trader or you are buying it on auction CCA 2015 applies in other cases. Last month I’ve returned a lemon A class after a week of ownership and got a full refund although in the advert it was written part ex to clear no warranty.

I presume we are talking CRA 2015 rather than CCA here?

Just wanted to clarify that as I would think the CCA might apply if you bought it on a credit card...

That is a very fine Rover you had there.

I certainly haven't owned either the Rover 75 or the Jaguar S type, but I did visit both production lines back in the day through work. (All "rectification" with rubber hammers. "Shudder," and big pools of finished motors waiting to be fettled before being sent out.)

If Rover were more reliable they would have sold better "back in the day," the company wouldn't have gone bust, and they would resell today for more than the very poor prices they command today.

Visit Bongo Bongo land and see which cars are being used as taxis with 400,000+ kms on the clock. In Africa, South America, South East Asia.... You won't see many Rover 75's or Jaguar S types, but you will see many W210's and W211's

If anyone fancies a two owner Rover 75 with 40k on the clock, there's on here for £900 - and there are loads like it. No-one wants them, so they're really cheap - so cheap that when they go wrong, owners scrap them and just buy another:

2001 Gold ROVER 75 2.0 V6 Club 4dr for sale for £900

73475b130e6a47f3a3680fd26604aee5.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly enough, when I bought my E55K in 2011, the motor trader selling that was also selling a mint 2003 Rover 75 V6 and I knew my work colleague was looking for one.

Turned out to be a very reliable car.

My dad had a 1997 Rover 200 and that proved to be reliable until the inevitable HG went at c10 years old and not ridiculous miles.

I just found them crap to drive and disappointing overall (well, the 200 and 25 were).

I've not driven a 75 but I would rather go for a well-looked after W210/W211.

Well I think you'd be lucky to find a Rover 75 ZT in budget as theyseem to be going from £8,000+, who'd have thought, an unloved car with a strangled yank V8 in it fetching so much? :)

Still looking! I need something in the next 10 days well by the 3rd of Jan on my drive..

I hadn't had the time to look at the Jag S type 2.7 Oil burner.. twin turbo and awd is making me think if something goes wrong I won't want to spend alot to fix it... any other ideas?

Well I think you'd be lucky to find a Rover 75 ZT in budget as theyseem to be going from £8,000+, who'd have thought, an unloved car with a strangled yank V8 in it fetching so much? :)
Quirky and rare though, so there’s an appeal to a minority. I quite like the idea.

Try a Rav 4, we are on our 3rd one ( all 3 door versions ) My wife had a new Smart Convertible but wanted rid once we moved back to Wales, only a 3 door Rav hit all criteria. Latest Rav is 2004, 73 k miles , petrol, and runs like a watch. 4 speed box auto and very nippy, bit heavy on juice but all the same very reliable, just like the previous two ( even had the drivers airbag replaced by Toyota on a recall 3 months ago .
Remarkably comfortable and we have reached the stage that the ML only moves if we are doing a minimum 50 mile round trip.

Apologies for this thread hijack.
you've asked, I've asked.
Re SL:
TBH you are Cambridge, I'm West Coast Scotland so not really within travelling/viewing distance but there's something about the car that attracts.
zero, seven, five, double two, five, eight, six, zero, five, seven. if the car is still for sale and I'll forward an email for photos and better description.
First Q has to be, has it got a soft top.

Quirky and rare though, so there’s an appeal to a minority. I quite like the idea.

Less than 900 V8s were built in total (Rover and MG, saloon and estate) so yes they'd be pretty rare now. Think I remember reading somewhere that there were only 17 non-MG V8 estates.

Apologies for this thread hijack.
you've asked, I've asked.
Re SL:
TBH you are Cambridge, I'm West Coast Scotland so not really within travelling/viewing distance but there's something about the car that attracts.
zero, seven, five, double two, five, eight, six, zero, five, seven. if the car is still for sale and I'll forward an email for photos and better description.
First Q has to be, has it got a soft top.

Sorry, Karl did send me over your message this morning but I’ve just not had a chance to reply, I’ll txt you in the morning and we can have a chat!

Still looking! I need something in the next 10 days well by the 3rd of Jan on my drive..

I hadn't had the time to look at the Jag S type 2.7 Oil burner.. twin turbo and awd is making me think if something goes wrong I won't want to spend alot to fix it... any other ideas?

Did you give the Shogun any thoughts? built like a tank and pretty much free motoring at this price bracket!

Let me know if you need any info on ours, which we haven't listed for sale yet.

Thanks I haven't really looked at them tbh. I will tomorrow.
Did you give the Shogun any thoughts? built like a tank and pretty much free motoring at this price bracket!

Let me know if you need any info on ours, which we haven't listed for sale yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom