Looking for an Amplifier for my 2002 CL55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteCL55AMG

Car
CL55 AMG
Hi there, trying to source a replacement amp for my 2002 CL55 AMG as water damaged, or someone who can fix, but guessing too far gone. CD changer in boot also needs looking at.

Thanks

Pete

Try Command in Lightwater Surrey, extremely knowledgeable and nice people. Highly thought of on this forum.

Kind regards Matt (ex-CL55 owner) :thumb:

Here is their website with contact details.

Have you tried putting the part number into ebay.de ?

Send me your VIN number and I will send you the appropriate part numbers - is it the Audio gate way (AGW) you're after?

Try Command in Lightwater Surrey, extremely knowledgeable and nice people. Highly thought of on this forum.

Kind regards Matt (ex-CL55 owner) :thumb:
Matt just had response from Command and they cannot repair but found a company called Cartronics who say they can, but need to send/take in for a quote. I need to see if worth repairing or better to find replacement.

Have you tried putting the part number into ebay.de ?
Not as yet Alfie, found a few Amps on eBay but all in US so far, so that might not be straightforward with excise etc. Going to remove amp soon completely to triple check part number.

Send me your VIN number and I will send you the appropriate part numbers - is it the Audio gate way (AGW) you're after?
Appreciated Lenny, it’s the main amp so not sure, I have zero sound from radio or sat Nav, it’s a pretty big black box, will send VIN number when I get a chance and pic.

@PeteCL55AMG Check out this thread. This give you an idea of the modules in the rear (boot) of the car. The Audio gateway is usually hidden in behind these, but once you get your VIN send across and I will look

Matt just had response from Command and they cannot repair but found a company called Cartronics who say they can, but need to send/take in for a quote. I need to see if worth repairing or better to find replacement.
Get a price before you proceed.

£79 to diagnose with a quote to repair. That’s waived if you go ahead, but of course, have no idea what this might be and if you don’t go ahead, you’ve spent £79 to find out what’s wrong with it but they do send it back to you as part of this fee. Will ask if they have a worst case scenario to see if worth going ahead.

£79 to diagnose with a quote to repair. That’s waived if you go ahead, but of course, have no idea what this might be and if you don’t go ahead, you’ve spent £79 to find out what’s wrong with it but they do send it back to you as part of this fee. Will ask if they have a worst case scenario to see if worth going ahead.
Ill PM you.

My indie garage AvantGarde in Clevedon sourced a second hand Amp and CD changer and all replaced and working fine. Presently enjoying my 80s collection of CDs that were in the attic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom