Looking for an Estate Car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BelfastBill

Car
S CLASS 320 CDI
Hi, I currently have a SClass320CDI W220,now while loving it I really need something with a bigger luggage space as I go fishing also I have a boat that I need to tow a few times a year. I was thinking of a E Class 320 or E350 Estate. Any suggestions I still wanted something that didn't burn that much fuel I get great millage from my S Class and My wife has a E270 Saloon which I like but fancy something a bit more powerful.
Thanks' for any advice,
Bill.

The E class estate is mahoosive and will swallow your fishing kit.

I have an E350 estate and travel to France 2 or 3 times a year, lovely cars and very economic.

Robin

Which e class? 211? 212?

211 estate is absolutely massive, the rear seats go fully flat too.

Get your self a s212 e350, best angling motor around. I fish in southern Ireland for a mouth a year with 2 adults and lots of fishing gear and there is more than enough room. 45 MPG lots of power and like sitting in an arm chair what more could you want :D

Another vote for s212 estate, if you can't fit it a E Class estate you should be looking for a van ! Comfy,stylish and has some really neat touches that make the estate such an easy car to like.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would fitting a tow bar to your existing S Class be a help ?

If towing the boat , perhaps you could put some of the fishing kit in it ? Or if not taking the boat , perhaps a small trailer ?

S Class cars make great tow cars . I used my 500SEL to tow a twin axle caravan ; unless you 'need a bigger boat' :D

Hi all and thanks, A trailer wouldn't do and I only tow the boat the odd time when it need a clean, so a W211 or W212, might be better, my wifes W211 270 cdi is nice. Whats a S 212?

Hi, I currently have a SClass320CDI W220,now while loving it I really need something with a bigger luggage space as I go fishing also I have a boat that I need to tow a few times a year. I was thinking of a E Class 320 or E350 Estate. Any suggestions I still wanted something that didn't burn that much fuel I get great millage from my S Class and My wife has a E270 Saloon which I like but fancy something a bit more powerful.
Thanks' for any advice,
Bill.

The E class estate, either S211 or S212 is the definitive big estate car. To ask the obvious question, what's wrong with putting a roof box on top of your S221, and a hidden tow hook underneath?

Estates are unpopular with new car buyers so can be like rocking horse exhaust to source second hand.

That said, if you're doing it often enough, there really is no alternative to an Estate car - not even a Bentley SUV...

bentley_bentayga_fly_fishing_by_mulliner_-_the_ultimate_angling_accessory_2.jpg

330084d1284068073-roof-bars-bike-rack-question-pics-boats-benz-1.jpg

Thanks' all, that's a nice setup in the back of that vehicle,is that a S 211 or S212. Don't wan't to go down the route of a tow bar or roof box, also the Lab get's a bit frisky when tied to the roof.

Just slightly out of my pay bracket, anyway I don't like the color.
I used to do a lot of Fly fishing for Salmon and Sea trout in my earlier years,but hoping to do some later this year when back in Ireland.

I can tell you that silver estate that resides in Essex only lives around the corner from me and it is a real cracker,they guy tells the truth it is a sparkler.I very much doubt if there is a better one for sale anywhere

I've had an S211 and currently have an S212.

Both are extremely accomplished at what they do.

I prefer the interior of the 212 but other prefer that of the 211.

I find the steering a bit taughter on the 212 not that there was anything wrong with the 211.

If you are going for a 211 it might be worth going for one of the later facelift one as they are reputed better electrically (although I didn't have any problems with mine) and the handling is said to have been improved a bit (although I haven't driven one myself so can't compare).

In any case the are both awesome on long trips when loaded up.

Herishi aka Steve is a good friend of mine, I’ve driven this car and was also pressant when acid mapped it, This is one seriously quick car, it’s been ultra reliable and the map is very progressive it drives more like a large petrol than diesel. Just thought I’d express my opinion. Anything it’s needed it’s had. If it was a 7 seater I’d be tempted.

I tow a caravan (1500Kg) with an W211 E320 plenty of power tow's well. My saloon has steel suspension all round the estate (S211) would have air suspension on the rear and so be self levelling.

I fitted a detachable tow bar (£530 with electrics) removed there is absolutely no visible indication that it has a tow bar.

Will the Mapping effect the fuel efficiency by much?

Cheers'
Bill.

If you want fuel efficiency the IL6 320CDI estate has to be the one.

I always get 50+ mpg on long runs, at 70mph on my 2005. (Mileage at 225K)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom