Looking for any info on a potential purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pokageek

Car
2016 C63 Coupe
Hello, I've seen the light and decided to buy a c63 . I have 2 vehicles on the short list, one of which is the better option due to proximity, offer on my car etc. The trouble is, it has aftermarket 20" alloys which are veeman and the pilot sports are a little stretched. In addition it has an aftermarket spoiler and painted calipers. I prefer stock vehicles but its such a lovely car!! However, its mid 2017 and only 11.6k miles on the clock. I dont know why but that seems odd to me so thought i'd check to see if anyone knows this vehicle before i take the plunge. The reg is AC66 AMG and vin is WDD2050862F595943 Let me know if you need more details but here is the advert link too.

Here's the MOT history link. Mileage at last test tallies but I don't understand unreadable on its previous test. AFAIK the test centre keys info into the computer and nothing is handwritten.
MOTs
Ask to see the V5C and contact the previous owner. The V5C, unlike service sheets, is a legal government document and not covered by data protection law.

Thanks, I hadn't spotted the mot detail. I have requested the v5c but they aren't prepared to show the previous owners details for privacy concerns.

Spectacular colour and looks well presented.
The aftermarket spoiler and alloys wouldn't bother me provided they are all in good condition. Nice light interior too and a good option list.
As long as the service history stacks up with it being done annually whatever the mileage done. Be aware the next service at 4 years is usually quite expensive. (It should be the bigger B service too) Worth considering getting a 3 yr service plan that would cover 2 B services and an A and would save on individual annual services.

Last edited:
Here's the MOT history link. Mileage at last test tallies but I don't understand unreadable on its previous test. AFAIK the test centre keys info into the computer and nothing is handwritten.
MOTs
Ask to see the V5C and contact the previous owner. The V5C, unlike service sheets, is a legal government document and not covered by data protection law.
I wonder where the first MOT was done - presuming not at a main dealer. Unreadable generally means they can't read the odometer (obviously) and in older cars this might mean that an LED is out or something. Here it might be as innocuous as tester being bamboozled by the different menus and not being able to bring up the correct screen!

I'd be a little cautious. Round my way, cars that are barried up like that are often driven mercilessly.

MOTs
Er I think you’ll find they are, previous owners name and address is no longer printed on your V5 when you transfer to your name.

I found the Cazana car history check to be very good:

Though I last used it before the 2018 GDPR, so not sure if the same level of detail will still be available these days.

Ask the dealer to email you a complete printout of the service history. I am aware that the ad says 'full dealer history', but keep in mind that on the C63 the year-3 service is a biggie (from memory it includes ATF and filter change, spark plugs change, pano roof lubrication), so worth checking that the additional items due where indeed done - i.e. that the previous owner didn't just do a basic Service A to get the (digital) book 'stamped', and declined anything else that was due because they knew the end of the lease was coming-up anyway.

MOTs
The previous owners details are no longer on the V5C forms.

thanks all, i have passed and found another at the the same dealer which looks to be completely stock. Just for info, the mot data shows as unreadable because it was an extension due to Covid and not actually an MOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom