Looking for Boot Lock for R107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

K222

Car
R107
Does anyone know where I can find one? Just the barrel is needed. I have an 86 SL and MB have informed me they no longer supply the part.

I'd be surprised if they don't. Have you spoken to your dealer parts dept? I've gotten locks matched to the vin # in the past without problems . I would very much doubt that they would stop selling them for the 107 as they made about a million of those cars over 18 or so years.

I'd be surprised if they don't. Have you spoken to your dealer parts dept? I've gotten locks matched to the vin # in the past without problems . I would very much doubt that they would stop selling them for the 107 as they made about a million of those cars over 18 or so years.

Unfortunately it seems like a recent thing. They sell the part for the earlier pre 1984 models apparently but not for mine. I went to Mercedes and they took my all the original registration documentation and ordered the part and then called me up a couple of weeks later saying Mercedes in Germany said it was no longer available. I spoke to MB classic parts in the UK who said the same thing. :(

Unfortunately it seems like a recent thing. They sell the part for the earlier pre 1984 models apparently but not for mine. I went to Mercedes and they took my all the original registration documentation and ordered the part and then called me up a couple of weeks later saying Mercedes in Germany said it was no longer available. I spoke to MB classic parts in the UK who said the same thing. :(

Find a good lock and take it to a locksmith , they should be able to re-key it and make it work with the original keys.

Glad to know that they have the locks for the earlier cars. I need to get one for my 450SLC 5.0.

Good luck.

You might lucky living in the US. Over here there is a growing list of 70s and 80s cars that parts for are becoming NLA. The UK Owners Club forum has a long thread running on just this subject and it's populated by 107 owners who simply cannot get parts. Mercs answer to this is...'go make your own'. And how exactly are we supposed to do this when it's an item like a facelift front lower control arm that's completely rusted away? Or a headlight?
If someone says they've been to a dealer and been told the part is NLA then that's exactly what it is. Computer says...NO! :(

You might lucky living in the US. Over here there is a growing list of 70s and 80s cars that parts for are becoming NLA. The UK Owners Club forum has a long thread running on just this subject and it's populated by 107 owners who simply cannot get parts. Mercs answer to this is...'go make your own'. And how exactly are we supposed to do this when it's an item like a facelift front lower control arm that's completely rusted away? Or a headlight?
If someone says they've been to a dealer and been told the part is NLA then that's exactly what it is. Computer says...NO! :(

Every time I hear this I suspect that the parts are readily available but the guy at the parts counter is not willing to put the effort in because there's no real money in getting a new key. I rebuilt the body on a W113 280SL recently and bought just about everything from Mercedes Benz without problems. The Mercedes Benz classic center is based out of Irvine CA and there's a really nice guy called Tom Hanson who works in the parts department. You'll find him on many forums like the The International M-100 Group forum. He's an enthusiast, If you can reach out to him, he may be able to help.

That may well be but if the parts guy here inputs a vin and selects a part number from the EPC which then says it's NLA what exactly is he supposed to do next?

Phone somewhere in the States that he doesn't have a number for?

And i suspect that the Classic Centre in CA is fed with parts from the Classic Centre in Germany. Once CA runs out of stock parts they'll discover what NLA really means.

Last edited:
Try Mercedes-Benz of Poole they have a Classic department from which I have bought many parts for my 74 450SE. Although I did want a boot lock some time ago when MB was saying they could supply one to the chassis number. Subsequently they came back saying they were no longer available. Bought used from Mercman in Cornwall who came back with one very quickly for £18 but no key. Took it to a local auto locksmith and they fitted it to the key for £40. It has worked without any problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom