Looking for either a good seat shampoo or made to fit covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lefty-gt

My seats in my W210 look fine at a glance, but they are that "marble-effect" cloth in the Elegance model and on closer inspection you can really notice the stains. Is there a product that can clean these without the need for a water-proof type vaccum cleaner? Or does anybody manufacture made-to-fit seat covers for this model?

I think PaulE230 used something for his light Elegance interior but im not shure what he used thats if he did but his light Elegance interior looks BRAND NEW so shurely he must have used something

Hi Lefty,

I would be tempted to call out someone like "Chemdry". They normally do carpets and indoor sofa's but I had them out for an older car I once had and they made the carpets and seat fabric like new again. You'd be surprised what comes out of them.

On a relatively warm day the carpets were completely dry 15 mins after the guy left. It will only cost about £30 or so to do a car interior so quite cheap for the result.

Thats like a valeting service then ?

I tried a valleting company, but was quoted €200!

i use this stuff called instant valet, works like nothing else on leather, but not so good on cloth... i use my wet n dry george for cloth (with 1001 in it)... cant help im afraid..

I guess it is like a valeting service but an auto valeter will charge a lot more to "valet your car" than someone like "Chemdry" to clean a couple of seats and some carpet.. Maybe worth a call anyhow.??

Where are you located I can do it for half that price

If your not local try and use a bissel carpet cleaning machine or rent one (any dencent brand)

If its only light soiling then use something like Meguires fabric cleaner

Here is a excellent guide (half way down the page is the part about fabric seats)

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/80233-car-interior-detailing.html

On this C class I used a bissel machine and a lot of elbow grease

I removed the covers and found the seats like this and the carpets were even worse

during-1.jpg

Before23-1.jpg

This is what it was like after a few days.........

Afterint-1.jpg

WOW brand new, that really is fantastic stuff, you really are the man for this detailing buisness

Heres one of my current car

These seats were bad but not half as bad as that c class I did above.

On these I used meguires fabric cleaner

Recently I used some ClearKote Extra Duty Interior Cleaner and I am amazed by this product it really did perform a lot better than any other cleaner I have used
http://www.detailedobsession.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=66

photo0020yk9.jpg

Again a simply marvelous interior, looking brand new for a almost 11 year old car !!!!

It came up really well, I was suprised

The light coloured plastic took a lot of cleaning and so did the air vents and it now all looks like new. High qualitly plastics were certainly used in building this car, same goes for that 97 c class

Hey gurpz did you see the first episode of the new series of family guy ?
Next one is on bbc 3 next tuesday at 10:30pm cant wait!

Hey Paul was it the Stewie Loves Lois episode ?

Where are you located I can do it for half that price

If your not local try and use a bissel carpet cleaning machine or rent one (any dencent brand)

If its only light soiling then use something like Meguires fabric cleaner

Here is a excellent guide (half way down the page is the part about fabric seats)

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/80233-car-interior-detailing.html

PaulE230, thanks for the offer mate, but I'm far from local! I'm in Dublin. Thanks for all the recomendations though, I've just been checking out your gallery and we have the same model, year and even colour! I just done the grill mod today similar to you own and I'm well impressed. Your car is what I aspire to!!! :rolleyes:

PaulE230, thanks for the offer mate, but I'm far from local! I'm in Dublin. Thanks for all the recomendations though, I've just been checking out your gallery and we have the same model, year and even colour! I just done the grill mod today similar to you own and I'm well impressed. Your car is what I aspire to!!! :rolleyes:

Ive only had it around 2 months and it was in a bit of a state but with advice from sites like autopia and good quality products it has coem up really well

Post some photos of your car. how many miles are you on ? Mines on 160k
I love it its a great car

After a polish and a seal this brilliant silver paint loves "Collinite's 845 Wax " it really does make the silver paint look fantastic and is also very durable, try it.

I missed it but could you describe what was in the episode for the amount you watched ?

its repeated at 12 20 on friday on bbc3

12:20 am

***** Up Your Ears: Lois discovers that Chris has been given bad information about sex, so she volunteers to teach a sex-ed class at the high school.

Ahh yes thats episode 6 from Family Guys latest season 5 already seen that one a long time ago very funny and random as per usual

I thought they were all new episodes ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom