Looking for my first Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboger1

Car
BMW 320d M Sport
hi all,
first post here, so please be gentle - lol
current car is an E90 BMW 320D M Sport Manual 184bhp, and currently looking to change
ive had audi, VW, porche etc but really fancy something a bit different this time and really fancy a Merc
i dont do many miles, BUT still like the torque of the Diesels, so im considering the following -

• Auto C250 CDI, in AMG spec - i think i prefer the saloon, but been offered a really great deal on a coupe with 104k (2012) for £8k, maybe even get it a bit less - im a bit concerned about the rattly engine though - will i get really tired of it soon, OR will i just get used to it
  • Auto C350 CDI in AMG spec - a lot harder to find, but seems to be a much better engine for obvious reasons
  • may consider a petrol but would need to have some 'poke'
  • been looking at anything between 2010 & 2012, with budget up to about £10k
any advice, opinions appreciated

cheers

jimboger1

Get the 350. A 260hp V6 diesel is a bit of a weapon. Has 620nm of torque. 0-60 in 5.8 secs.

My 280 though is a petrol 3L V6. Has plenty of poke with 231hp.

Less than half the torque though at 300nm.

Get the 350. A 260hp V6 diesel is a bit of a weapon. Has 620nm of torque. 0-60 in 5.8 secs.

My 280 though is a petrol 3L V6. Has plenty of poke with 231hp.

Less than half the torque though at 300nm.

Thanks for the quick response Mike, so a definite no for the 250 then?

I’ve never had one, but I agree with your concerns. The four cylinders are a lot more rough than the V6s.

The 250 is the most powerful of the 4 pots though.

You mentioned torque, poke and concerns over the rattly engine.

All signs point to the smoother, torquier, more powerful 350. :)

The 350 is more refined, better sounding and has all the poke you need. 40 MPG @ warp 9.0 :D

Love the V6 diesels, on my third car with that engine, good in the ML, great in the E class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom