Looking for permanent 12v feed from Comand w203 c55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Belcher

Car
C55 AMG (2005)
Hi. Today I needed to find a permanent 12v feed for an accessory in my car. So I stripped everything out that I needed to in order to remove the head unit. Using my multimeter, I found a 12v feed on the back which was red with a stripe. Used it and put everything back together again. However, it seems that this must be ACC time switched as it goes off. Gutted. Got to all come apart again. Any ideas on the correct colour wire for always on 12v? 2005 W203 C55 AMG with comand aps 2.0 I think. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not sure if there is, when parked up and listening to the radio, after about 20 minutes or so, Comand displays that it is about to shut down unless the engine is started, a safety feature to avoid flattening the battery I assume.

The hazard switch should be live all the time.

Dec

Very good point thanks. And easier to get at. Cheers ;-)

Not sure if there is, when parked up and listening to the radio, after about 20 minutes or so, Comand displays that it is about to shut down unless the engine is started, a safety feature to avoid flattening the battery I assume.
Yeh I think you are right. I managed to locate a wiring diagram and cant see a permanent live. The one I used says 12v (switched). Never mind. I can use that as ACC :)

Finally. A weekend day of light and no rain. I discovered I had been a Muppet and the 12v feed I picked up from my Command was permanent after all. I just cocked up and switched the + and - around on my fused extension! Reversed and all working fine now. Embarrassed to say that I originally qualified as an electronics engineer :-/

Finally. A weekend day of light and no rain. I discovered I had been a Muppet and the 12v feed I picked up from my Command was permanent after all. I just cocked up and switched the + and - around on my fused extension! Reversed and all working fine now. Embarrassed to say that I originally qualified as an electronics engineer :-/

I was just about to post that the comand turning itself off is not controlled by that wire ( that would be like you switching off your telly at the socket)

Glad you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom