Looking info about 400e w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roman82

Car
MERCEDES C126,W124 400E AMG,W124ce 300-24 SPORTLINE ///AMG,w212 350 sport
Hi everyone.i do looking a bit information about w124 400e pre face lift model .as I do currently have 400e amg. And want know a bit more. Some one told me that they been made in same factory where 500e was produced ( porshe hand built ). ????

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 16
Is there a brace between the rear bushes of the front lower control arms, if so it may well have received the Porsche treatment....

Hi everyone.i do looking a bit information about w124 400e pre face lift model .as I do currently have 400e amg. And want know a bit more. Some one told me that they been made in same factory where 500e was produced ( porshe hand built ). ????

Not quite true according to James's Taylor's book --- the 500E had a modified-- engine bay, widened transmission tunnel, re-inforced floorpan and rear section and a rear subframe/suspension lifted from the R129 SL and flared wheel arches. This meant the 500E was mainly modified /constructed by Porsche at ZUFFENHAUSEN before returning to Sindelfingen. The smaller engined 400E didn't require the same structural mods The engine compartment/bulkhead area was changed as before but the transmission tunnel remained standard and the wheel arches weren't so flared. The author doesn't say where the 400E was made but I suspect once Mercedes learned what to do from the 500E they may have kept 400E production " in house" :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom