Looking to buy a 2016 C63. Need advice from fellow owners...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spursfannn

Car
C63
Hi all, Benz newbie here.

I'm currently considering purchasing a 66-plate C63 and have some questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to help with.

1. The car's done 17k, and was reg'd in Feb '17, so assuming the 4 year service, what is the likely cost of this from MB? Also, I'd like to factor in changing brake pads and discs to this service.
My previous car was a 2016 Nissan GTR, the last service I did was also a 4 year service and I had the brakes pads and discs replaced at Litchfield's and it came to around £3500.
I'm hoping the C63 would be considerably less than this.
Can anyone who owns one, chime in at all?

2. Anything to look out for on this particular year/model, ie. known faults, when I go to inspect the car.

3. If anyone used to own this car or knows of it, please do PM me, as I'd be interested to know more about the car's history.

4. One of the things that is a must for me is the AMG Performance Exhaust. How can I tell if one has been factory fitted or not?

Last edited:
Just for your info the car was mot’d on 22 Jan ‘20 at 17,839.

The only thing that puts me off that particular dealer is that most if not all the cars are described as being the ‘best on the market‘ and they all ‘drive like brand new‘ :rolleyes:

Apart from the red seats (personal choice) stunning car :thumb:

Last edited:
4 year is spark plugs and auto trans fluid iirc. I’d also recommend changing the differential oil. Mercedes say once at 1500 or so miles, but it’s an old fashioned unit on the non S model, with clutch plates that naturally shed fine particles. For the sake of £25 worth of limslip gear oil it’s cheap insurance

I own a late 2016 C63 and would just offer my view that this seems expensive. I bought mine for £37k in Jan 2019 and it had 8790 miles on the clock at that time. That's for a model with pan roof, switchable exhaust, Burmeister sound upgrade, 19 inch wheels, 360 degree camera, night pack..... etc etc. Fully loaded and in showroom condition.
Maybe prices of these has shifted in that time but I thought I'd let you know.

New owner here myself (3 weeks into owning a 66 plate C63S Saloon, not stopped smiling since I picked it up!).

Like you one of my deal breakers was the switchable exhaust, the way to tell if its fitted is there will be a button on the right hand side of the centre console, directly in front of the button which disables the start/stop. The icon is a picture of a pair of exhaust pipes, if you look closely on the interior shot on the advert you posted, you'll see that right at the bottom of the photo is the aforementioned button.

So you're good to go in that respect. Sorry I can't assist with the other questions, not owned mine long enough to comment. Good luck in your search...

Sorry I have no advice on this but just curious what makes you want to change from a Nissan GTR to a C63?
Just asking out of personal interest, I think the GTR's are great cars but expensive to run.

Hey spurs, I'm looking to get a c63 soon as well.

The performance exhaust is supposedly standard on all coupe and cabriolet models of this era...

Page 26 of the above brochure - shows as a standard option on the c63.

@Iggu - is yours a coupe? They're always a few k more. Main dealer?

Hi.

All UK C205’s have the sports exhaust as standard.

Last edited:
I think values have stiffened a little lately. It seems a lot of performance orientated stuff has. Maybe something to do with lockdown, interest rates, cheap loans, boredom or a combination of all. My pal next door does the sales, I run the repairs side. The last two months have been manic for sales. We had so many enquiries for the m140i we recently had for sale we sourced six more to satisfy the demand. Sold all seven in the same week!

It’s interesting you say this.

My daughter got a call from BMW HQ
asking if she still had her BMW, and they were prepared to pay £100 more than any online offer.
There seems to be a demand for used cars.
Very strange times we are living in.

It’s interesting you say this.

My daughter got a call from BMW HQ
asking if she still had her BMW, and they were prepared to pay £100 more than any online offer.
There seems to be a demand for used cars.
Very strange times we are living in.

Sounds like a scam to me...

Dealers have so many cars at present they will be on BOGOF at Aldi soon.

Nope not a scam. It was followed my an offical lA68CD530-5949-4B5B-AAAF-114CB94C11B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi.

All UK C205’s have the sports exhaust as standard.
Do you mean all new ones?
When I was looking for my 2016 pre-owned car, not all had the switchable exhaust (at least not in the dealer description).

ML63 owner here, and here's my advice:
- Go to a decent rated dealership, I made the mistake of buying mine from an Izusu dealer, complete cow boys.
- Prepare yourself to drive from petrol station to petrol station
- Indulge in any extended warranties
- Prepare for AMG tax, for the simplest of things, when a vendor here's AMG, they just love to whack on random figures "due to the type of car it is" but given you're looking at 2016, I'm guessing the car will be under warranty
- They don't like sitting about unused, ensure battery charge stays consistent and in good shape
- Use premium fuel and stay on top of maintenance

I think there is a correlation between this and an explanation given by a VW dealer a few weeks backOn the BBC, where he said they found out that the Good quality part exchanges were fetching good money at auction, so they decided to sell them.

This he said was probably due to people being discouraged from using public transport

Do you mean all new ones?
When I was looking for my 2016 pre-owned car, not all had the switchable exhaust (at least not in the dealer description).
Yes. I had one of the first C205 C63’s - 2016/17, and it came as standard. C205 being the Coupes
The W205, saloon had to be optioned.

Hi all, Benz newbie here.

I'm currently considering purchasing a 66-plate C63 and have some questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to help with.

1. The car's done 17k, and was reg'd in Feb '17, so assuming the 4 year service, what is the likely cost of this from MB? Also, I'd like to factor in changing brake pads and discs to this service.
My previous car was a 2016 Nissan GTR, the last service I did was also a 4 year service and I had the brakes pads and discs replaced at Litchfield's and it came to around £3500.
I'm hoping the C63 would be considerably less than this.
Can anyone who owns one, chime in at all?

2. Anything to look out for on this particular year/model, ie. known faults, when I go to inspect the car.

3. If anyone used to own this car or knows of it, please do PM me, as I'd be interested to know more about the car's history.

4. One of the things that is a must for me is the AMG Performance Exhaust. How can I tell if one has been factory fitted or not?

If this particular C63 has a full MBSH the last service should have included:

- Gearbox oil (3 years or 31k miles)
- diff oil (3 years or 31k miles)
- spark plugs (3 years or 46.5k miles)
- air filters (3 years or 31k miles)

Brakes on non S models are much more reasonable than GTR, circa £1200 + labour for front and rear.

If this particular C63 has a full MBSH the last service should have included:

- Gearbox oil (3 years or 31k miles)
- diff oil (3 years or 31k miles)
- spark plugs (3 years or 46.5k miles)
- air filters (3 years or 31k miles)

Brakes on non S models are much more reasonable than GTR, circa £1200 + labour for front and rear.

Good info, but why would brakes on the S model cost more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom