Looking to buy an s320 cdi 2003 Faclift with 113k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barrieeld

Car
AMG
Can you experts point in the right direction as to what i need to look for when viewing this car, any known problems issues etc.

thanks in advance guys.

- check every single switch on the dash does what its supposed to, esp suspension
- check soft close doors and boot
- check turbo is working properly on drive and look out for black smoke from rear
- check for diesel smells under the bonnet, could be a leaky injector or 6.
- service history as clocking is common play on these.

Lower ball joints.

Front thrust arms.

Make sure EVERYTHING works as repairs are expensive.

Make sure the air suspension compressor is quiet.

Don't just take the service book at face value, call the dealers that have stamped give the reg and ask for all services carried out on this vehicle and the mileage at the time. I would be wary if it has been serviced outside the dealer netword by lots of different garages.

Also ensure that no services have been missed or were significantly late.

May be stating the obvious but I'll do so anyway!

Phone a dealer too and quote the chassis to make sure there are no outstanding re-calls.

How do i check the airmatic or ABC suspension? Whats the "tell tale" signs

Ball joints & front struts whats the best way to check these are are working ok?

Ball joints and thrust arms will be noisey over bumps. Only real way to check them is on a ramp.

ABC ios an option. Airmatic will be standard. The airmatic pump is on the O/S/F infront of the wheel. Listen out for it. It should be quiet

there is a button in the dash with a car and an up arrow, press this, it should say "vehicle rising" in the dash and the vehicle should rise! if not then you may have issues..

ok guys thanks, anything else? I hear some of these cars are prone to rust?

Is abc better? how does it differ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom