Looking to get back into an R129 SL500 again...maybe SL60!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
It has been a long and hard time since my SL60 moved along to Jay. Hope she is being good to you Jay?!

I am missing the SL though so although I bought a really nice Maserati 4200 recently I wouldn't mind adding an R129 SL back into the garage. I had an R129 SL500 prior to the SL60 which was not a great example. The SL60 was fantastic but needed to be garaged and needed some work. I could do neither at the time which is why Jay took it over.

I would love to get into an SL60 again but fear they will be a little too rich for me to justify at the moment. Just sold our old Touran and also my 320 Sportline Cabrio is looking like it will go in the next few weeks. However I think there is some good value out there with an R129 SL500. Obviously would pay more for a nice SL500 or SL60 but can only go so far after the 4200 purchase.

Anyone got anything suitable they are thinking of moving on they want to talk about? I think I would be looking at a later facelift SL500 96-on. Mileage and condition is not too important as i want to drive and enjoy it. Although I will look after it like I do all my cars and it can be garaged I don't think a low miles top money car would present good value. That being said I know the drill and never buy cheap rubbish. It will need to be decent enough but don;t mind doing some work or spending some money on it to get it up to scratch.

I have seen this one on Car & Classic and waiting for some questions to be answered. It is not a forum members car is it by chance?
Mercedes SL500, V8 Excellent Condition For Sale (1998) on Car And Classic UK [C601597]

Seems like a decent enough car but haven't seen it yet!

Any thoughts or ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom