Looking to join the AMG club soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
Hi all,

New to the club. Not my first Mercedes, but looking to pick up a 4 door AMG soon.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome. Which 4 door AMG are you looking at getting, or is this a guessing game? :D

Any suggestions? haha

Very budget dependant.
Up to £12/13k......look at the CLS55 (only a 2+2 although a 4 door) or an E55. Both with the same big torque engine that pulls from the off and easily tuneable with big power figures available relatively cheaply.
Also include the W211 E63 which has similar performance to the above but little scope to get big power if that is your goal later on.

£18k + the smaller C63 saloon. Plenty available but check for full service history and abuse among other things.
£20k+ W212 6.2 n/a. Same engine as the C63 but in a slightly higher state of tune.
£24k+ W212 E63 5.5 Biturbo. Big power gains with a remap only. 900bhp possible with deep pockets and MSL Birmingham tuning it.
Feeling flush? £60k+ will get you into a W213 E63s 4matic 4.0l Bi Turbo. The quickest of them all off the shelf.

Whichever you pick, you'll be a happy bunny and on first name terms at your local petrol station:D

I think I am set on a CLS powered by the M113K or 5.5 bi-turbo.

Whatever I pick will be much cheaper to buy, run and drink less fuel than my current steed so that is OK ;)

I think I am set on a CLS powered by the M113K or 5.5 bi-turbo.

Whatever I pick will be much cheaper to buy, run and drink less fuel than my current steed so that is OK ;)
what is your current ride if you don't mind the question ?

Bump, I am now in the market for a CLS55. If anyone is thinking of selling please PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom