Looking to purchase C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Higher Primate

Car
BMW M4
Hi guys, I've just joined the forum as I'm looking to make the jump across to Mercedes from BMW. I'm currently driving a 2015 M4 and given that I have very little experience with Mercedes, I was hoping that I could utilise your experience. As the title says, I'm looking to purchase a C63 and I'm currently speaking with dealers and Carwow. I'm guessing it's best if I provide the car spec so, you can give me your thoughts on anything you thing is essential I should put in or anything I've included that you wouldn't recommend.

So, Mercedes C63 AMG Options:

designo Selenite Grey Magno
Premium Package
Air Balance
AMG Night package
19/20" AMG alloy wheels (4) - cross-spoke design painted matt black
AMG Carbon Fibre Trim
Nappa leather two-tone platinum white pearl/black
AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre package II

The OTR price came out at £73,395 and the best offer I've from Carwow at the moment is 63,228, which is a saving of 13.9%. So on that front, do any of you guys have experience of purchasing using Carwow and what kind of percentage saving am I aiming for?
As for the specification, does anyone have any experience with the white seats, is it something that I'm immediately going to regret? What are the thoughts on the designo paint? I have no experience with matte cars, is it easy to maintain? Will there be enough contrast between the grey and the carbon fibre or would I be better off with silver to set it off?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and any help, no matter how small is appreciated.

The only thing I would say about white leather is that I've read wearing jeans can leave Blue staining on the leather. There's also apparently some delays due to night pack components being in short supply.

No idea about matt/semi-gloss paint.

We have 19" rims on our car, not much sidewall compliance and have already needed to replace a front rim after someone who will remain nameless drove over a kerb. Don't think I'd want 20" rims and have considered swapping to 18" five-spoke AMG rims.

Good luck in your hunt.

The only thing I would say about white leather is that I've read wearing jeans can leave Blue staining on the leather. There's also apparently some delays due to night pack components being in short supply.

No idea about matt/semi-gloss paint.

We have 19" rims on our car, not much sidewall compliance and have already needed to replace a front rim after someone who will remain nameless drove over a kerb. Don't think I'd want 20" rims and have considered swapping to 18" five-spoke AMG rims.

Good luck in your hunt.

Thats the concern with the white seats, I've seen it happen to white sofas with jeans and the last thing I want is to be worrying about what I or other people are wearing when they get in the car.
They've quoted me late September/early October on the delivery time but, they haven't said anything concrete yet.
Thanks.

Oh and if you can the ILS (the upgraded led lights) Best thing I ever got.

Welcome to MBClub.

We have alpaca (grey) leather in the car my wife uses most, and denim stains transfer so easily. Personally I love the light feeling it gives the cabin, but given that you're asking the question then I'm pretty sure it's something you'll always be aware of.

Welcome to MBClub.

We have alpaca (grey) leather in the car my wife uses most, and denim stains transfer so easily. Personally I love the light feeling it gives the cabin, but given that you're asking the question then I'm pretty sure it's something you'll always be aware of.

Thank you. Always the question, look over functionality. I really don't wasn't the cabin to look so dark and the seats to be plain. I could get some covers but then I feel like I'd be destroying the look anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom