Looking to Swap My AMG Wheels for 17" Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisonite_200

Car
Mercedes CLK
Hi

I am looking to do a swap with my current wheels. These wheels were on the car when I bought it and I just prefer the 17" Sports. (And I am a tight g*t when it comes to tyre cost!)

The first photo are the AMG wheels I have and the second are the wheels i am after.

If anyone is interested let me know

Cheers
:)

Attachments

• AMG Alloy Wheel.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 17" Mercedes Wheels.doc
    25 KB · Views: 47
Hi,

I have the 17" sport wheels on my C180k (S203 2005). I believe they are called "Adharaz". They are the staggered ones with 225-45-17 on the front and 245-40-17 on the rear.

Not sure if they will fit but if so I may be interested in a swap. Mine are in need of a refurb though as the lacquer is starting to bubble on the spokes.

Where are you located?

Hi

Is there any chance you could send me a photo?

Are the tyres in good order?

I am located in essex ! how about yourself?

Cheers

I'll get some photos posted tomorrow (bit dark now :))

Tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 3. Fronts and rears have 4mm tread (3mm in places). Fronts have more wear on outside of tread (I believe this tends to be a C Class trait). I am looking to replace fronts soon.

Are they genuine AMGs as I cannot find your wheels on the web. They are similar to AMG3 but not identical.

These are what I found on the web but they appear subtley different to yours?

AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 17" AMG III | fits Mercedes CLK Class 209 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

They would have to be genuine AMGs as my insurance would not accept imitations.

Are yours the staggered set up?

I'll get some photos posted tomorrow (bit dark now :))

Tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 3. Fronts and rears have 4mm tread (3mm in places). Fronts have more wear on outside of tread (I believe this tends to be a C Class trait). I am looking to replace fronts soon.

Are they genuine AMGs as I cannot find your wheels on the web. They are similar to AMG3 but not identical.

These are what I found on the web but they appear subtley different to yours?

AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 17" AMG III | fits Mercedes CLK Class 209 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

They would have to be genuine AMGs as my insurance would not accept imitations.

Are yours the staggered set up?

I have to be completely honest I have no idea if they are genuine I havent owned the car that long !!

Would anyone be able to tell me how I find out?

Last edited:
Take the wheel off and look on the inside for the MB part number. The picture you attached look like the newer AMG III style AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 18" AMG III | fits Mercedes B Class W245 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

You dont mention what size your AMG wheels are and if you have a W208 or W209?

Thanks for your help......

Ill look tomorrow for the part number and i am pretty sure they are 19" AMG from a SL...!! But like I say ill double check all this in the morning!

Thanks for your help......

Ill look tomorrow for the part number and i am pretty sure they are 19" AMG from a SL...!! But like I say ill double check all this in the morning!

Ah, now we have a problem. I had assumed that your wheels were 17" or 18". I am not keen on going to a 19" as this was not a standard size option on the original car and my insurance would not be happy with that.

Thanks for your time but I am going to have to decline. Good luck with your search.

Assuming they are genuine you should easily be able to sell the 19" for more than a set of 17", plenty of 17" on ebay.

Hi

I have checked out the wheels today and they are 18" replica AMG III so I am really sorry to mess anyone around I genuinely had no idea!

They look so good aswell.....

Any Idea what I would get for them with tyres 2nd hand.!!

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom