Looking to upgrade my Audio 10CD.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skippy

Car
C240 Sport
Decided to treat myself to a new car audio system for my birthday! :D

I'd like to have good sound quality, up-to-date features (specifically the ability to play mp3s) and something that even I could pop in to the dash i.e. no special wiring requirements.

Does anyone have any thoughts - budget up to £300. A model I was considering is the Becker Monza. Or possibly the Blaupunkt DAB53 - but do I really need digital audio, bit scared of witing in an extra aerial as well :confused: .

Many thanks for your advice/opinions.

Skippy said:
Decided to treat myself to a new car audio system for my birthday! :D

I'd like to have good sound quality, up-to-date features (specifically the ability to play mp3s) and something that even I could pop in to the dash i.e. no special wiring requirements.

Does anyone have any thoughts - budget up to £300. A model I was considering is the Becker Monza. Or possibly the Blaupunkt DAB53 - but do I really need digital audio, bit scared of witing in an extra aerial as well :confused: .

Many thanks for your advice/opinions.

everyone bangs on about how bad the audio 10 is ... it sounds great in my W203 .... Maybe ive got a revised one ...

And i know what youre all thinking now .. but i actually had a £400 nakamichi in my old car and i think the Audio 10 sounds better.... :)

the blau and the becker are both fantastic unit, i realy cannot say much more than that

i think pammy has the blau and had the dab aerial in her last car so it may be worth asking her what she reccons on dab

if you fancy spending less than have a look at the blaupunkt los angeles 72, basically a woodstock without dab

samuelellis said:
the blau and the becker are both fantastic unit, i realy cannot say much more than that

Considering Becker or alpine make the audio 10 that you have .. i fail to see what changing the headunit to a becker is going to get you ??

Maybe you should look at upgrading your speakers first and then go from there. Means you will have better speakers too if you decide to go for a new head unit.

yea that could be a way to do it but if the door speakers are gonan get upgraded then a amp is amlost nearly a needed purchase

yes, but...

Thanks for your advice all, I'm quite happy with the audio quality of the Audio10 - but I'd really like the ability to play mp3 tracks - hence the upgrade.

So it really seems to come down to:

1. Do I stick with Becker? :confused:
2. Do I need DAB? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom