Looking to upgrade to 20' alloys from 19"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Isa0324

Car
E350d coupe
Hi guys, hope your all well,
I am looking to upgrade from current set of alloys which are the standard Amg 19" to a satin Black 20" alloys. on my mercedes e class coupe 18reg/

Now i need some suggestions to what i can do with my current set of tyres as they are in pretty good condition, only 6 months old, michelin brand. need to measure the thread on it though.

Also suggestions what i can do with my original set of alloys, as they are the genuine mercedes alloys, and i dont really want to part exchange them for peanuts ( Someone i know exchanged in the exact set of 4 for £200 )

Thank you.

Sell them on here.
Fleabay.
Gumtree.
And probably a lot of other places. :)

Sell them on here.
Fleabay.
Gumtree.
And probably a lot of other places. :)

I am on a PCP and am only 7 months into my 36 month contract. Obviously at the time I will decide whether I want to keep it or change it. But I case I decide to hand it back Regarding change of alloys would there be a problem ?

thank you

I am on a PCP and am only 7 months into my 36 month contract. Obviously at the time I will decide whether I want to keep it or change it. But I case I decide to hand it back Regarding change of alloys would there be a problem ?

thank you
What give them back a different car from the one they hired to you, oh no, no problem.

What give them back a different car from the one they hired to you, oh no, no problem.

round of applause to you for your sarcasm
So does a PCP to you suggest the person is driving a car he can’t afford. I know CEO’s who’s company has a £25million turnover per year and all their cars are leased,

I'm no expert, but I would have thought, if you do give it back, different alloys to the ones the car came with is a no no, even if there better than the one's it came with, I'm not even sure if changing the alloys on a lease car is allowed either, perhaps worth
checking, if it is then 20s would look great! But me personally keep the originals and put them back on, if you give it back. :)

thank you
It will be a problem if you give back a car that is a different spec to the one you borrowed. Best you keep the original wheels and tyres to put back on the car when you hand it back.

Presumably, you have few potholes in your area?

If the car is on PCP then if I were you then I would keep the wheels and tyres to put back on should you decide to return the car at the end of the agreement.

Personally though, before doing anything I would check with the finance company whether they would allow you to modify the car - I wouldn’t be surprised if they won’t.

If the car is on PCP then if I were you then I would keep the wheels and tyres to put back on should you decide to return the car at the end of the agreement.

Personally though, before doing anything I would check with the finance company whether they would allow you to modify the car - I wouldn’t be surprised if they won’t.

I assume that if he is in an accident & insurance picks up non non-standard wheels, there could also be an issue!

To be honest, compared to the cost of a genuine set of brand new 20-inch AMG wheels and premium tyres, what you’ll get for the existing ones isn’t worth selling them for, given the risk of an issue if you hand back the car at the end of the agreement. Pop them in a dark corner of your garage - there will possibly be more demand for the, too when the car is a few years old.

However the spec of the car says you are allowed 20inch alloys. So don’t see what the problem is, and it’s not like I am putting off brand tyres on it also.

I mean 8/10 on the cars on the street are PCP and Same with those that have had slight cosmetic modifications.
I will call the finance company and see what they say.
Worst case scenario is I buy it outright at the end of agreement and sell it privately

Worst case scenario is I buy it outright at the end of agreement and sell it privately
That would definitely be a worse case scenario....

round of applause to you for your sarcasm
So does a PCP to you suggest the person is driving a car he can’t afford. I know CEO’s who’s company has a £25million turnover per year and all their cars are leased,
No that's not at all what I meant but well done for being so angsty. What I meant was if you lease a car surely they want it back as they gave it to yo. For example if it came with 19s and you give it back with 18s that I assume would be a problem.

It will of course ruin the already quite firm ride, and as said earlier make your wheels more vulnerable to damage from even minor potholes. I changed my wifes 17 inch wheels on her r230sl to 18inch amgs and the negative difference in the ride was amazing. But yes they look better (to me at least if not to her...but then I dont have to drive it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom