Looks like a nice SL for the money

SL Rookie

Car
SL500 (129)
That SL is overpriced - the market has dipped of late and there are numerous bargains to be had well beneath the 15k mark.

Some sellers are trying their luck with the weather improving and trying to shift early SL for 1996+ money.

I've always looked out for SLs on the used car market and have bought and sold 3 in the past 15 months.

I suggest a good look at autotrader.co.uk or the classifieds in the Merc Magazines.

My apologies for getting carried away with this response!!!

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Originally posted by SL Rookie
Some sellers are trying their luck with the weather improving and trying to shift early SL for 1996+ money.

Weather improving? I haven't seen much sign of that!

OP
OP
Sp!ke

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Dont apologise, Its good to get this kind of feedback.

Afterall, none of us would want to make a mistake on a purchase of this kind of value would we.

Having said that, I have seen 1996 models going for as high as £20K...mebbe I am just looking in all the wrong places :rolleyes:

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
My mate bought a porsche 928 s4 from this bloke 2 weeks ago. That was described as immaculate, but he has spent over a grand putting it right so far. When the car transport people delivered it, it wouldn't even tick over.:(

Last edited:

Surf Blau

Car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 190D
In the latest Mercedes Enthusiast I noticed an early SL500 with CLOTH interior, not even airconditioning, nor a CD-player :p If I remember correctly it was priced at 12.000£ or so - makes the car listed above seem like a bargain!

I still haven't figured out some cars option-wise - why spend all that money on a large engine and no equipment??

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
Originally posted by GRAV888
My mate bought a porsche 928 s4 from this bloke 2 weeks ago. That was described as immaculate, but he has spent over a grand putting it right so far. When the car transport people delivered it, it wouldn't even tick over.:(

Was that a filter? i know what porsche prices are like ......:devil:

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
Originally posted by fuzzer
Was that a filter? i know what porsche prices are like ......:devil:

No Jason, it turned out to be an inlet manifold gasket.
Graeme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom