Looks like another winner for Mr Dyson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most people I know, except my mother-in-law, have always bought a Henry once their Dyson has broken down !!

Doesnt interest me either I'm afraid. I cant see what the gains are over a conventional fan other than it looks a bit more funky.

I wonder what the volume of air it throughputs is and how that compares to conventional fans of the same size?

I wonder what the volume of air it throughputs is and how that compares to conventional fans of the same size?

They seem to claim more volume and greater efficiency - but very short on numbers and hard explanation.

I think it looks like a good idea. But the price is unreal. And the media tend to be uncritical when reviewing these sorts of things.

I think these type of products are as much status symbols as functional items.

agreed "ipod" of the vaccum (or fan) world. saying that, we have a Dyson but can't say i use it much as I have SWMBO for that :devil:

You can't beat the Henry :) . Excellent piece of kit and not expensive. Built to last.

Most people I know, except my mother-in-law, have always bought a Henry once their Dyson has broken down !!

We have done the same. 2 Dysons, RIP. Henry is alive and well, and keeping our carpets clean despite the best efforts of 2 dogs & 2 cats. There's a theory - Keep It Simple - and the Henry epitomises that.

Then again, I like the Dyson "Airblade" hand dryer.......

AHD--Dyson-Airblade.png

Expensive, yes, but 10 seconds at 2kw beats 30 seconds at 3kw (typical Warner-Howard dryer) and the savings in busy washrooms should be very visible (plus you wouldn't need as many dryers due to faster throughput....

Last edited:
Doesnt interest me either I'm afraid. I cant see what the gains are over a conventional fan other than it looks a bit more funky.

27 liters per second.

edit: wind tunnels for fluid dynamics might be interested in that technology.

When I saw an animation of how it works I figured I'd seen something similar before.

It's using the Coanda effect. And they have a patent on the application for the fan.

It's the same technique used for some helicopter designs that eliminate the tail rotor.

This is where Dyson as a company are quite smart - thinking laterally in terms of application of technology.

I cant see what the gains are over a conventional fan other than it looks a bit more funky.

You don't have an inquisitive 2-year-old around the house? :D

Seriously - it's an immense advance in safety ..... what value do you put on a child's finger?

Hmmm... people on a Mercedes forum moaning about the price...

My Boggle-o-meter is off the scale!

:D

Then again, I like the Dyson "Airblade" hand dryer.......

AHD--Dyson-Airblade.png

Expensive, yes, but 10 seconds at 2kw beats 30 seconds at 3kw (typical Warner-Howard dryer) and the savings in busy washrooms should be very visible (plus you wouldn't need as many dryers due to faster throughput....

I 100% agree with you. The Aorblade is by far the best hand dryer available worldwide- least I think it is.:thumb:

But given Dyson's inability to make a quiet piece of machinery, how noisy is the fan? ;)

The airblades are very noisy compared to 'conventional' dryers, and as for their vacuum cleaners...

Don't worry, Hawk will be along shortly to explain how to get a good deal on Dyson PCP finance......:cool:

Well my £13 argos fan emits far too much turbulence...

Think he may have invented a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist, and in a package that looks like it belongs in a laboratory rather than a living room..

Pretty nifty bit of engineering mind, and presumably it makes no noise and will run off a mouse in a wheel.

Ade

You're just green with envy, manalishi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom