Looks like I'll be filling up 15L of vegetable oil from now on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Screwdriver

Diesel vehicle performance on unaltered waste soybean oil blended with petroleum fuels

Really impressive result. 30% looks to be the sweet spot. A bit more research shows that:

1) I'm about 15 years late to the vegetable oil revolution
2) Sunflower oil appears to be superior to Soybean for combustion (and digestion).

Fortunately, it's still 25% cheaper than pump diesel here in the UK, so will proceed with 15 liters of store bought sunflower oil in a 65L tank, which puts me at a 23% oil/ diesel ratio. Pump diesel has upto 7% biodiesel in it, which is why I've decided to stop there to ensure the ideal mix.

While I'm happy with the savings and reduced environmental impact, my main reason is to increase lubricity for the OM61X motors in my W115 and W123 motors - they miss the sulphur in their diet

Diesel vehicle performance on unaltered waste soybean oil blended with petroleum fuels

Really impressive result. 30% looks to be the sweet spot. A bit more research shows that:

1) I'm about 15 years late to the vegetable oil revolution
2) Sunflower oil appears to be superior to Soybean for combustion (and digestion).

Fortunately, it's still 25% cheaper than pump diesel here in the UK, so will proceed with 15 liters of store bought sunflower oil in a 65L tank, which puts me at a 23% oil/ diesel ratio. Pump diesel has upto 7% biodiesel in it, which is why I've decided to stop there to ensure the ideal mix.

While I'm happy with the savings and reduced environmental impact, my main reason is to increase lubricity for the OM61X motors in my W115 and W123 motors - they miss the sulphur in their diet

Suggest you read threads on the Mitsubishi Owners Club about the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom