Looks like I've bought a pup!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks everyone for the lovely replies and for the forum support, something which I really appreciate.
It's nice to know that people understand how attached we can become to our pets and how much it can hurt when we lose them.

I love Milo, but not as much as I loved Bruce, but there's plenty of time for that to change.
Part of the love I had for Bruce was, I suppose, sorrow at the thought of his life before he came to us at around 12-18 months old.

I actually made a mistake with Bruce - I saw him at the dogs home and really liked him, but my daughter was only 8 years old and Bruce was a large, boisterous dog that - apart from him being in and out of the dogs home and being beaten up in an arguement over who was to have the soft bed by his Staffie cell mate - I knew nothing about, so regretably, I left him behind at the dogs home and didn't return and get him for several weeks, perhaps six weeks.
Boy, am I glad I had that picture of Bruce on my phone to draw me back to get him.

The concerns over Bruce being a danger to my children were unfounded. He was a perfect gentleman.

Here he is with my 8 year old daughter, Elizabeth. She's 24 now!

1659537802096.png

I think Bruce knew that he had finally found his forever home with us, so much so, that he wagged his tail so much, he kept splitting the end of it and spattering blood around the place.
The poor sausage had to have an operation to cut off the splitting part of his tail!

Here he is after the operation.

1659537991839.png

More to follow on Milo the rascal in due course.

Last edited:
I know exactly where you are with regards to losing and getting another dog .
I my case it was our staffy 16years old and had to be put down .
So upset I vowed never to have another , 9 months later our 2nd staff arrived ,, 1 year after that our 3rd staff . Sucker I am, but I've never seen a better dog around kids, my own with the first and my grandkids with the other 2

I my case it was our staffy 16years old and had to be put down .
So upset I vowed never to have another , 9 months later our 2nd staff arrived ,, 1 year after that our 3rd staff . Sucker I am, but I've never seen a better dog around kids, my own with the first and my grandkids with the other 2
thats why Staffies are called nanny dogs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom