Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Coming soon to a public park near you .....

I'd like to see a breakdown of how the £18 Million was spent to evict them.

How much went to solicitors and Barristers etc.

Our local Rugby club evicted an entire camp from their car park in 12 hours with a JCB and 45 Rugby Players following.

£18 Million cheaper.

Just watching the plod going in now ...

Lots of bricks being chucked at police , someone is telling the camera how it has been non violent , and it's the polices fault .... chucking bricks is non violent ? a caravan on fire too !!

But quote of the day has to go to a 'traveller spokesman' who says ' After this , no one will want travellers on their doorstep any more '

Does anyone want them on their doorstep now ? ;)

Won't be long now and they can bulldoze the site.

You do get left with an uneasy feeling that despite their posturing concern the media are hoping for someone getting killed or at least severely injured ? They missed the alleged incident of a mother running in tears from her caravan with a baby in her arms [ an absolute paydirt shot that would have been :eek: ] and we are left with footage of lots of hooded/masked young men [eeriely reminiscent of the recent looting and rioting ] "havin' a go " at the police purely to assert their "human rights" of course.:rolleyes:
One is left wondering if some of these confrontations would ever occur on such a scale if the media weren't involved? They get very uppity if its suggested their presence may have actively contributed to such a situation arising in the first place. :dk:

Last edited:
Most of those left are trouble makers, anarchists etc.. Most of the travellers have actually left.

I find it highly amusing that the 'travellers' are being sheilded by a bunch of hippy drop-out anarchists. What have they got in common?

The thing is that there are a certain amount of people in our society that need a cause to support, even if it is a group of people that wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire.

You'll mostly find the resistance comes from the women, generally the men don't want to be seen on camera and I'd bet that most of them will have left under the cover of darkness.

I find it highly amusing that the 'travellers' are being sheilded by a bunch of hippy drop-out anarchists. What have they got in common?

Both good for nothing feckin drains on our resources.

Ooops I've been dragged into this one :/

The on-site reporter for BBC Breakfast this morning made a point of showing how some of the boards forming the barricades had long, sharp nails sticking out of them, in an attempt to stymie the bailiffs.

Hmm. "Bows and arrows against the lightning", as The Artilleryman would put it...

As long as they stay outside of a 25 mile radious of where i live:)

I'm quite happy for the travellers to stay at Dale Farm.

The fact that Dale Farm is in fact 243 miles away from where I live is, I assure you, entirely coincidental.

What have they got in common?
An unshakeable belief that they have the right to take from others, and a complete unwillingness to contribute to society? Other than that, I can't really think of anything :dk:

They are not travellers they are settlers.

You can't settle where you like - we can't and neither can they.

FFS you can't build an home extension / conservatory without leaping through planning hoops.

The on-site reporter for BBC Breakfast this morning made a point of showing how some of the boards forming the barricades had long, sharp nails sticking out of them, in an attempt to stymie the bailiffs.

Hmm. "Bows and arrows against the lightning", as The Artilleryman would put it...

Well put!

Not a "War of the Worlds" per se but certainly a clash of two disparate societies.

Most of those left are trouble makers, anarchists etc.. Most of the travellers have actually left.

Sorry it's off-topic, but I really hate the term "anarchist" being used to describe unlawful violent behaviour.

"Barbarian" is a much better description - anarchism is, despite what most people actually think, opposed in the main to violence.

What I can't understand is if they are travellers why have they been there for 10 years?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom