Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What I can't understand is if they are travellers why have they been there for 10 years?.

Especially when they have homes in Ireland which they return to at Christmas to party for a month.

Well looks like they will be very shortley going back to celebrate early

... but they'll be back before long as the Irish don't tolerate them to any degree like we do.

I find the general lack of good manners leaves me unsympathetic.

There was a taser used on one of the diddycoys according to local news.

It was being reported as though it was a bad thing.

On reflection I think they could offer this in the next Children in need appeal.

You bid for the opportunity to spend the day with Bayliffs whilst evicting pikeys, a days worth of tasers supplied, 6 spots available.

That should create another Million for the pot.

Well done to Basildon Council for enforcing the law.

Our spineless South Cambridgeshire Council, wasted a fortune on legal challenge before they rolled over and granted retrospective planning permission to an illegal traveller site near to our village. Makes my blood boil.

Won't be surprised if the Dale Farm bunch turn up in South Cambs if they know how useless the council is:mad:

There was a taser used on one of the diddycoys according to local news.

It was being reported as though it was a bad thing.

I don't think it was a pikey got zapped , it was a trustafarian protester ...

The more the merrier !

You have to feel sorry for the poor people who had their caravan set on fire though .......................................................................................................
............................. now they will have to go and "borrow" another one .;)

According to the head of the bailiff company this morning , it was an old scrapper caravan , put in place specifically to burn it to make front page news today .

Look at the size of the caravan that was burnt , pikeys don't live in those , they live in massive , luxury gold plated ones bought with the proceeds of 'clearing gutters' for old ladies before billing them for a whole new roof.

Surf hippies live in tiny caravans like that.

Saw a very well spoken trustafarian chained to a gate this morning at Dale Farm. Plod should have just pulled his blankets off last night , he'd soon be begging to be unchained.

I've just heard them on the news saying they have no where to go.

Yet do they not originate from ireland where they own substantial numbers of properties?
So why do they chose to live in England, plead poverty and then live in mobile homes?
Why not return to ireland and live there lives in their own home-lands, there are plenty of roads and parks there to travel to.

They come here to get benefits and steal from us.
Come on Nick, I wish you'd just speak your mind and stop sitting on the fence... :D

Plod should have just pulled his blankets off last night , he'd soon be begging to be unchained.
Actually, I can't understand why no one has had an "accident" with a bucket or two of cold water or a fire hose.

I'm sure being doused in cold water when the overnight temperature drops to 3c would cause them to review their "commitment to the cause".

Love the tags 'ethnic cleansing' and 'racist little englanders' ... methinks a trustafarian is in our midst !! ;)

Well done to Basildon Council for enforcing the law.

Our spineless South Cambridgeshire Council, wasted a fortune on legal challenge before they rolled over and granted retrospective planning permission to an illegal traveller site near to our village. Makes my blood boil.

Won't be surprised if the Dale Farm bunch turn up in South Cambs if they know how useless the council is:mad:

Basildon Council don't exactly deserve a "well done" - they need their backsides kicking.

This problem has been developing for a decade and whilst they have dithered around hoping it would somehow disappear the camp has got bigger and bigger.

Due to their decade of procrastination the taxpayer has seen millions of pounds wasted to finally deal with a problem that should never have been ignored for so long.

Whilst addressing the problem was never going to be easy, the Council's inaction made matters worse and left many local residents feeling resentful at the perceived double standards over enforcement of planning rules and at seeing so much money wasted.

Some resignations at the Council would be more appropriate than any congratulations.

Basildon Council don't exactly deserve a "well done" - they need their backsides kicking.

This problem has been developing for a decade and whilst they have dithered around hoping it would somehow disappear the camp has got bigger and bigger.

Due to their decade of procrastination the taxpayer has seen millions of pounds wasted to finally deal with a problem that should never have been ignored for so long.

Whilst addressing the problem was never going to be easy, the Council's inaction made matters worse and left many local residents feeling resentful at the perceived double standards over enforcement of planning rules and at seeing so much money wasted.

Some resignations at the Council would be more appropriate than any congratulations.

By and large this is true.

However, better late than never.

I'm glad for the people of basildon that these menaces are getting moved on and for the owner of the land, that they get it back.

They've (the Pikeys, travellers, whatever the **** they are) stolen that land from its rightful owner for the last decade, hopefully, they'll end up behind bars for that

I'm glad for the people of basildon that these menaces are getting moved on and for the owner of the land, that they get it back.

They've (the Pikeys, travellers, whatever the **** they are) stolen that land from its rightful owner for the last decade, hopefully, they'll end up behind bars for that

Er, I think you'll find that the menaces own the land. They just didn't have permission to live on (half of) it.

I think you'll find that the itinerants owned the land, they just weren't allowed to 'settle' there.

Not to mention the fact that Basildon council has spent £18m of public funds on moving people from land they own onto the road side somewhere. I can't see that it makes any rational sense at all, especially given that part of the site is perfectly legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom