Loony in a C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lfckeeper

Car
Bmw 5 series (Former W203 C class and 2x W219 CLS owner)
Coming off the slip road onto the A19 the other day I had an idiot in a C63 swerve his car toward mine.

As I joined the main carriageway there was a lorry in the nearside lane, so I and the car behind immediately moved into the outside lane. As I checked my mirror, said C63 had appeared from nowhere onto the tail of the car behind.

He pulled alongside me, with absolute rage in his eyes, shouting and screaming whilst pointing at me, he swerved his car twice toward mine whilst we were doing 70! (I dont think my laughing helped, there was no chance he was going to risk damaging what was a very nice car)

Absolutely stupid what he did, when I pulled out he wasn't there, there is a slight curve in the road so I've assumed hes come hooning along a stupid speeds and got caught up behind us.

Coming off the slip road onto the A19 the other day I had an idiot in a C63 swerve his car toward mine.

As I joined the main carriageway there was a lorry in the nearside lane, so I and the car behind immediately moved into the outside lane. As I checked my mirror, said C63 had appeared from nowhere onto the tail of the car behind.

He pulled alongside me, with absolute rage in his eyes, shouting and screaming whilst pointing at me, he swerved his car twice toward mine whilst we were doing 70! (I dont think my laughing helped, there was no chance he was going to risk damaging what was a very nice car)

Absolutely stupid what he did, when I pulled out he wasn't there, there is a slight curve in the road so I've assumed hes come hooning along a stupid speeds and got caught up behind us.

Lol I'd have died with laughter

Some people need to chill out, this guy sounds like a **** and again another reason our insurance prices are so high, one day he's gonna wipe out another car :devil:

I'd phone the police and report it , whilst explaining that you don't expect anything to be done in this one instance , if the incident goes on record , then it turns out that the guy is a nutter who does this kind of thing regularly , then either several similar reports can be acted on , or in the event of a more serious incident , these reports can be taken into account .

They may already have reports of his driving .

It doesn't work like that. No provable crimes have occurred in this instance. The police can do nothing more than say "cool story bro".

Hate it when drivers do it. The C63 driver - being in much more powerful car - has already changed lanes but both you the other driver probably didn't even check your mirrors and only wanted to see a big slow lorry in front of ya.

PS: I'm guessing here but just how inaccurate is my guess really? :eek:;)

Without knowing the full story, my initial thoughts are that if the C63 driver was doing 'stupid speed', i.e. way over the limit, he was in the wrong whatever anyone else did, particularly if their action wasn't illegal......

It doesn't work like that. No provable crimes have occurred in this instance. The police can do nothing more than say "cool story bro".

Indeed , nothing 'provable' , hence no action .

However , the complaint can go on record , and if a number of similar complaints are received it can go towards establishing a pattern of behaviour .

Should a serious incident subsequently occur , these earlier events can be taken into account with the earlier complainers being called as witnesses .

Such things ARE kept on record hereabouts .

Without knowing the full story, my initial thoughts are that if the C63 driver was doing 'stupid speed', i.e. way over the limit, he was in the wrong whatever anyone else did, particularly if their action wasn't illegal......

80mph is a 'stupid speed' when joining the motorway at 50, which is what most lorries are limited to. Someone who 'immediately' changes lanes as soon as they join the motorway, cause people moving with the traffic in the fast lane to slow down or brake to let them in. This is not only annoying but illegal as the newcomers have to wait for the traffic to clear before changing lanes. However most act as if the world has to stop while they change 3 lanes in one maneuver. Not saying this about the OP (not enough info) but just making an observartion relevant to the scenario described.

80mph is a 'stupid speed' when joining the motorway at 50, which is what most lorries are limited to. Someone who 'immediately' changes lanes as soon as they join the motorway, cause people moving with the traffic in the fast lane to slow down or brake to let them in. This is not only annoying but illegal as the newcomers have to wait for the traffic to clear before changing lanes. However most act as if the world has to stop while they change 3 lanes in one maneuver. Not saying this about the OP (not enough info) but just making an observartion relevant to the scenario described.

The A19 only has two lanes in each direction.

I would have done the same if I had been joining and could see no cars in the overtaking lane (what is this "fast lane" you speak of?). I would have been at 70 (or higher).

I read from what the OP wrote that he was at the legal max and had seen no one in the other lane. The lorry was not joining, he was already there. Can't see the problem.

Last edited:
The A19 only has two lanes in each direction.

I would have done the same if I had been joining and could see no cars in the overtaking lane. I would have been at 70 (or higher).

I read from what the OP wrote that he was at the legal max and had seen no one in the other lane. Can't see the problem.

I quote again:

As I joined the main carriageway there was a lorry in the nearside lane, so I and the car behind immediately moved into the outside lane.

Lorries move at 50 and sometimes at 60. If OP was at legal max, he would have kissed the lorry's back side quicker than he could spot a C63 in the fast lane so it's fair to say he was moving slower than the legal max.

I'm struggling to understand why the C63 driver should be given consideeration because he is driving a more powerful car.

I'm struggling to understand why the C63 driver should be given consideeration because he is driving a more powerful car.

:D

Love the twist Lewy.

But I'll bite. Shouldn't he be given a consideration since he already was in the outside lane before the OP?

Apart from the fact of course, that he drives an epitome of AMG engineering, The C63.

I quote again:

Lorries move at 50 and sometimes at 60. If OP was at legal max, he would have kissed the lorry's back side quicker than he could spot a C63 in the fast lane so it's fair to say he was moving slower than the legal max.

Lorries are allowed to travel at 60, but are restricted to 56.

I just assumed that the lorry was in the inner lane...not immediately at the slip road but far enough to allow entry at 70 and proceed to overtake.

I assumed the OP knew what he was doing and wouldn't accelerate to 70 when it was obvious the lorry was going to baulk him.

I assumed that the lorry was far enough along the slip road (or beyond it) such that the OP couldn't overtake him on the slip road.

Without these little details however...we're all in the dark.

I just assumed that the lorry was in the inner lane...not immediately at the slip road but far enough to allow entry at 70 and proceed to overtake.

I assumed the OP knew what he was doing and wouldn't accelerate to 70 when it was obvious the lorry was going to baulk him.

I assumed that the lorry was far enough along the slip road (or beyond it) such that the OP couldn't overtake him on the slip road.

Without these little details however...we're all in the dark.

So you completely rule out the scenario, where OP could swing across both lanes in one move, thus causing the driver(s) in the outside lane to brake in an emergency. What if this was the case?

Love the twist Lewy.

But I'll bite. Shouldn't he be given a consideration since he already was in the outside lane before the OP?

Apart from the fact of course, that he drives an epitome of AMG engineering, The C63.

Yes he should...if he had been visible (as opposed to been seen).

Love the twist Lewy.

I guess that it all depends on two things which we will never know:

Did our man double check before pulling out?
Was said loony travelling so fast that our man couldn't have seen him until he was committed?

Either way, the C63 tool, has no business swerving at the OP.

Incidentally I've found that putting my finger on pursed lips in the 'shush' fashion to be way more effective at winding up angry drivers than laughing at them.

So you completely rule out the scenario, where OP could swing across both lanes in one move, thus causing the driver(s) in the outside lane to brake in an emergency. What if this was the case?

If this was the case then he was absolutely wrong. But, given that he posted it here, I am assuming this was not the scenario. He did say he hadn't seen the car.

Sounds like a normal incident that can happen at anytime maybe c63 driver was going way to fast maybe he should of checked mirrors before changing lanes whatever it dont the matter it happens, but the moment the c63 starts swirving at someone ect then he's crossed the line, one day he will do that to the wrong person and either he will get a car driven into him or pulled out of his car and given a slap for being a bell end, accidents happen if your in the wrong put your hand up ignolige that you messed up and carry on with your day everyone's a winner.

Both scenarios are equally plausible in my eyes. I can only say that I see far more double crossing drivers joining or leaving motorways than lunatics swerving their cars at other people.

Watch out! I'm out there somewhere....:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom