Loosing SMS' when phone is connected to BT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
Hiya,

My wife drive's a 57 plate ML320 sport with command. She uses the BT module to connect up her mobile, its the one the looks like the SLR.

When she recieves a text message with the phone connected they get lost. I've had a search on the forum and it seems other people have had issues with MMS but I couldn't find any info about SMS'

The phones a boggo standard, nothing special, nokia 6300. Anyone able to tell me where the SMS' go?

Thanks in advance,

J.

Go to messages in the phone menu and press " options " and look at SIM messages, they are automatically stored on the sim card when the phone is linked up to the cradle.

I have this problem too - BUT, i use a Nokia N73.

When the phone is disconnected and i view the SIM, i can see there is evidence of a text but, its completely garbled including the sender details. Therefore its of no use at all.

Is there any way round this problem?

When the phone is disconnected and i view the SIM, i can see there is evidence of a text but, its completely garbled including the sender details. Therefore its of no use at all.

Are you sure the text messages you see are not some data messages that are not readable (like operator settings or an MMS notification)?

I would try to delete all SMS messages from the SIM card and try again. If the SIM card SMS storage area is full, then you really lose the message.

You must copy the txt from the SIM to your Inbox. It will unscramble and can be read as normal.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom