Lorinser steering wheel, Old Skool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still no bids, and less than a day till the auction finishes.

Actually a nice wheel, but Lorinser was never big in the UK. I'm not big into mix and matching parts either....everything AMG or everything Lorinser....

And the kits didn't look particularly nice, AMG visually did the best kit (IMHO).

Lorinser always looked a little bit Zender and plasticy if you know what I mean...even though it wasn't cheap.

Brabus did some nice mods on the original SEC's - that#s where I got the idea for running BBS RS's on my car..AMG used them as racing wheels, Brabus fitted them to the modified road cars.

Still no bids, and less than a day till the auction finishes.

I'm not surprised. It is a very ordinary wheel, made in Italy by Momo I think, and the only distinguishing feature it has is that the colour is grey. The starting bid of £65 is also ridiculously high. That is not the way to sell on eBay.

I have a Carat by Duchatelet wheel from the same era and that looks far more elegant than this one. However, it is black.

Have you got it on your car at the moment Tony ?

Don't want to sell it then ? :eek:

Sorry, Howard. It was difficult to get a wheel of the right diameter for the Caravelle so it is not something I would consider selling.

The starting bid of £65 is also ridiculously high. That is not the way to sell on eBay.

Somebody didnt think so.

Those wheels look just like normal 15 hols alloys of the time, no wonder they didnt catch on..

The starting bid of £65 is also ridiculously high. That is not the way to sell on eBay.

Somebody didnt think so.

He would have got much more money for the wheel had he started it lower.

I've been on eBay for 10 years. I was on eBay long before it came to the UK - my original registration was on eBay USA. I have bought and sold items totalling over $300,000.

If you want to get the best price for your item, you need plenty of bids.

You start with a low bid such as 99p, which will encourage some early bids. The bidding builds up momentum, and people are attracted to bid on items simply because there are already lots of bids on them.

You don't start it too high otherwise you get only one bid, or none.

That is the way ALL auctions work, not just eBay.

He would have got much more money for the wheel had he started it lower.

I've been on eBay for 10 years. I was on eBay long before it came to the UK - my original registration was on eBay USA. I have bought and sold items totalling over $300,000.

If you want to get the best price for your item, you need plenty of bids.

You start with a low bid such as 99p, which will encourage some early bids. The bidding builds up momentum, and people are attracted to bid on items simply because there are already lots of bids on them.

You don't start it too high otherwise you get only one bid, or none.

That is the way ALL auctions work, not just eBay.

I found this didn't work and items I sold simply weren't reaching cost price, so I either use Buy it Now with the Offer facility, auction reserve or simply start it at the minimum amount I'm prepared to accept.

I found this didn't work and items I sold simply weren't reaching cost price, so I either use Buy it Now with the Offer facility, auction reserve or simply start it at the minimum amount I'm prepared to accept.

Just what I do, I recently sold a set of roof bars from my old Porsche Cayenne, I was happy to accept £80 for them ( I hadnt paid much more than that for them) so £80 was my starting bid.

Within the first day the bidding was at £132, and eventually sold for £270. I really dont care how many bids I receive on a item, as long as I get what I want Im happy. This time I was gobsmacked on what I received.

And yes of course I will be declaring my profit to the Tax Man.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom