Lorry driver crashes into moped thieves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good....someone needs to do something to stop these scum from stealing and causing misery to innocent people.

Typical, more thought given to the criminals rather than the people who suffer because of their actions

The driver did ok, hope his company do not penalise him for his actions.

Time a stop was put to these people

Problem is... while we may hail the lorry driver a hero... it was a split second decision, for wich he could have ended-up serving 5 years in prison for manslaughter.

I often wondered when looking at footage of moped riders robbing a jewellery shop, had I been there, would I have rammed their bike to stop them from getting away with their loot? Probably not, given that I could face assault charges or worse....

Wow.

This is London.....:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There was a time where what the lorry driver did would have been counted as their civic duty.

Nowadays though, he’ll probably be tortured over social media and charged with some crap thrown at him by the likes of David Lammy...

Care to expand further?

I’ve seen a real split on Social media today, some say the lorry driver is a hero, some say he should mind his own business.

To be honest I’m kind of in the middle on this one, obviously the kids on the moped were up to no good but a moped Vs A lorry isn’t going to end well, I guess the lorry driver was kind of lucky no serious damage was done...

I think it is pathetic that clowns on soshul medja are castigating the lorry driver instead of congratulating the lorry driver and castigating the yoofs. Sad commentary on life today. Mind you, it's Catford/Lewisham (I know Brownhill Road area, my Mum grew up a couple of roads from there) so in one way I'm not surprised.

Care to expand further?

I’ve seen a real split on Social media today, some say the lorry driver is a hero, some say he should mind his own business.

To be honest I’m kind of in the middle on this one, obviously the kids on the moped were up to no good but a moped Vs A lorry isn’t going to end well, I guess the lorry driver was kind of lucky no serious damage was done...
And if the moped swerved and hit a pedestrian... where does this leave the lorry driver?

On a related note... if someone uses their vehicle to try and stop a robbery or otherwise assist the police chasing someone... where does this leave their insurer?

I expect the insurer won't actually engage in a discussion regarding the moral point of view, but they would say that the driver caused the damage and/or injury to himself and/or others through a deliberate action, which means the event was intentional and not an accident and therefore not covered under the driver's motor insurance policy. It's called 'not an insured event' in professional jargon...

Which means that even if the helpful driver manages to avoid getting into trouble with the law over his actions, he could still face having to personally incur heavy finacial loses.

In short... our current legal system is simply not geared to support the 'have a go' hero.... so it's best avoided. Sad but true.

...and let's wait and see what his employers think about how he was using their lorry. They might not be as sympathetic as some of those who posted their support on social media.

Let's see how this pans out. If the lorry driver is sued I wonder if someone will start one of those crowd funding things to help him out £ ?
More likely you will see one started for the moped scum in this day and age.

The lorry driver should be commended for his quick thinking and actions .

The police have already stated that he will not face any charges , and the vast body of public opinion supports his actions , at present his employers only stand to benefit from this public opinion and if they were to sanction the driver in any way it would only harm their reputation .

There have been previous instances of lorry and other vehicle drivers assisting motorway pursuits by blocking fleeing cars ( shown on some of the Police Camera Action type programmes ) and the more of this we see , the better .

This is London.....:

It's a pity a passing motorist hadn't driven into their scooters and smashed them while they weren't on them .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom