Los 18 wheels for one hour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like a right old conundrum 🤔 . Have you had the wheels balanced while on the car ?

Fault with a drive shaft or prop shaft
I have recently changed the profshaft donuts(front and rear) and the propshaft centre bearing. The reason I changed them is because the rear donut was quite worn. Made no difference in the vibrations issue though.

Sounds like a right old conundrum 🤔 . Have you had the wheels balanced while on the car ?
no but i have balanced the tyres so many times in different shops that I don't believe comes from wheel balancing issue.

Have you checked the diff mounts ?
no i haven't. do you think vibrations from the rear diff can come all the way to the steering? I would have more vehicle body vibrations than steering i believe.

no but i have balanced the tyres so many times in different shops that I don't believe comes from wheel balancing issue.
OK , but if the wheels are in balance when off the car an imbalance in the hub (for example) will only show up on an 'on car' balance . ie: you know 100% for sure that the wheel/tyre is balanced (you have had them done a few times) so they are out of the equation. if you get an imbalance with an 'on car' check the fault is the car, not it's wheels.
I am clutching at many straws right now .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom