Loss of another legend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Sad to see that Lemmy of Motorhead fame has passed away after losing a battle with an agressive cancer and so soon after the drummer in the band Phil Taylor.

Rest In Peace Ian safe in the Knowledge that the music you created will live on forever.

As a fan of Hawkwind I did see him once, loved his 'balls out tell it like it is' attitude. A lovely quote from him on Radio 4 this morning ' some days you don't feel like doing it much like plumbers have days like that' or words to that effect.

Been a Fan of Motorhead for over 22 years, R.I.P Lemmy

Very sad news. RIP Lemmy.

Given his lifestyle (or that which we were told of) reaching 70 could be seen as a bit of an achievement.....

Not a fan of his music per sae, but recognise him as a legend in music and the rock and roll hall of fame :rock:

Has anyone else here heard of the story of him, Suszi Quattro and a few other 'heavy rock/ metals" in a posh German restaurant and the tip they left
(spoiler - its clean, funny and one of the best responses I've ever heard)

or it could be an urban myth of course....

RIP another rock legend.
The world is a much quieter place today but the heavens will be rocking.

You know you're gonna lose and gambling's for fools, but that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever!

Has anyone else here heard of the story of him, Suszi Quattro and a few other 'heavy rock/ metals" in a posh German restaurant and the tip they left
(spoiler - its clean, funny and one of the best responses I've ever heard)

or it could be an urban myth of course....

Tell me more. I haven't heard this one.

Late reply, but just looking for a reply to another post I made

'apparently' after a gig in Germany they went into a posh restaurant and had a nice meal

During the meal the maitre'd / waiter looked down his nose at them (they probably didn't look the best admittedly)

So as they left, they assembled all the notes and change that they had, which was a lot of money - much more than they paid for the expensive meal- and put it on the table

Then Lemmy superglued it altogether and they left (the story goes....)

He often carried superglue or the like on him to seal injuries (old trick)

The look on the waiters face must have been a picture at first :bannana:

I recall it from an interview that Suzi did once - it might be true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom