loss of drive on tempory car :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriss428

Car
w124 230e manual white amg kit+ Yreg W210 E320 Tekiti Grey 7seater hadGina w124 E200te blue 7seater
i was in the rover last night and lost drive! i new i had a cv joint problem but as a temp car fort nothing ofit! now when i lost drive i spoke to my machanic and he said that the drive shaft should still spin if its in 1st to show that its the cv joint thats gone now i checked under this morning and they were not spinning:confused: so my question is what is the problem? as my machanic hasnt got back 2me yet!!!

cheers chris

Let me summarise what I think you are saying.

You knew you had a cv joint problem on your Rover but thought nothing of it and drove it anyway, now its failed and you wonder what the problem is.

what im asking is if the drive shaft is ment tobe spinning with a blown cv joint what would stop the shaft from spinning????

will there be an Inner CV or other type joint on this drive shaft??

Look on the gearbox end of the drive shaft see what thats doing to.

One driveshaft may have "dropped" out of the gearbox, causing zero drive an nothing will spin.

Or there is an issue with the clutch.

ok. Depending on what model of Rover you have.... 75? Could be Dual Mass Flywheel failure. If its a 200/25 or 400/45- the most likely explaination is the circlip which holds the driveshaft into the CV joint has let go, the shaft will still turn, but will not drive the CV joint as it has pulled out from the splines..

Ex Rover mechanic... seen it a few times..

scrapping it cant b ****d :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom