loss of drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve pratt

Car
c200 kompressor estate
Hi, I have a C200K 53 plate automatic and driving yesterday it started to Whine from the front left in step with engine revs. After a few minutes whilst driving the car juddered and then appeared to lose drive if too much accelerator was used like the clutch was slipping. Eventually once off the motorway i lost all drive going up a hill at which point i pulled over and called RAC and was towed home. Once on the driveway i did manage to drive the car a few feet then stopped and with engine running checked the auto box oil level with a dip stick which was about right for 80C. Ckecked the fault codes and got P0715 (input speed sensor) and P0730 (gear ratio incorrect) Just waiting for car to be picked up but any ideas? Is it the torque converter or gearbox?
thanks.

sounds like the two speed sensors on the electroplate have given up the ghost.

im liking the sound of this as it sounds cheaper than the other options lol thanks

Thanks for the input gents and the correct diagnosis, the garage replaced the electrical sensor plate which has cured the drive problem and they have also identified a vacuum pipe leak under the airbox causing the rough running at idle so including them towing the car the bill is about £850 which I am happy about (well a lot happier than refurb gear box anyway lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom