Lost a good friend yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kurtdaley

Car
Evoque HSE Dynamic & Mini Cooper
Pretty gutted today, one of my best friends at work passed away yesterday, Phil had a heart attack whilst on holiday and passed away in his sleep aged 41.
Going to really miss him as when I started on the railway as a signaller he was my mentor and came to be a really good friend, on early turn in work now and just thinking how fragile life is, really brings it home how it could happen to any of us, when it's your time, it's your time.
Sorry to depress you guys and gals so early in the morning, just wanted to share it with someone.
Thanks for reading Kurt

RIP PHIL, gonna miss you very much.

Sorry to hear that. As you say, it's very sobering when that sort of thing happens, especially to one relatively young.

All the best.

Very sorry to hear about it Kurt

Had similar at Christmas last year and it hit me like a train.

Please accept my condolences

Weird thing was, when I got the news last night, myself and the wife we're having a meal in Didsbury.

When we went to drive out of the car park the exit had been changed to no entry, so Kelly did a 3 point turn and when she reversed there was a skip in front of us with Leeson on the side of it.
Kelly turned to me and said "that is really spooky". Leeson was his surname, very very weird.

Sorry to hear your sad news. Yes life is very fragile and so so short.

sorry to hear about your loss Kurt

sorry to hear this. Unexpected loss is a hard one for anyone to understand

Sorry for your loss. Life really is too short to have bad days and be miserable. Makes me wonder why some people are like this every poxy day! Life is for living.

Sorry to hear this.

A lot of guys I went to school with have died. I found out recently a good childhood friend has little time to live.

Lost time is irretrievable so we should all make the most of what we have.

Sorry to hear your sad news Kurt, it just reinforces why we must have our bodies checked as much as we do our cars.

Please accept my condolences Kurt. Sorry to hear he died and so young. Tragic waste of life.

You have my condolences too Kurt, and like the others have said it really does highlight the fact that when our time is up, it's up.

I do wonder sometimes why some horrible low life type of people, live to an old age without any severe illness, and why some nice genuine people are taken so soon.................................

Thanks for posting - I'm going to leave working on my bike tonight, and go and spend some time with my Wife instead.

Sorry about your news Kurt, but at least it has made you, and many more here take stock of what's important and make the most of what little time we all have.

BTW, was it Ye Olde C0ck in Didsbury?

... - I'm going to leave working on my bike tonight, and go and spend some time with my Wife instead.

Me too, could you introduce us?

Sorry about your news Kurt, but at least it has made you, and many more here take stock of what's important and make the most of what little time we all have.

BTW, was it Ye Olde C0ck in Didsbury?

Yes it was, how did you know? Now that is spooky you saying was it the old ****.
It's a Loch Fyne now though.
Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it.
Kurt

Sorry to read this .

It is always particularly sad when someone dies 'before their time' as it were .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom