Lost a key / Return your key tags - Returning found keys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc Owner 2B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 ML250 Sport BlueTec
Had a near thing today when SWMBO lost her car keys. Thankfully handed in at supermarket.

It has got me thinking about the various firms that you can subscribe to by attaching their tags to your key ring. Some ask the finder to telephone for a reward others ask for them to be placed in the post box.

Anyone have experience or recommendations for anyone offering this service?

Last edited:
We've used Sentinel for years now. Haven't lost any keys but it is about £60 for three years (I think) but some card companies (e.g. Lloyds) offer it free. Sentinel don't charge for the number of key bunches so we have nine tags for the three of us.

We've used Sentinel for years now. Haven't lost any keys but it is about £60 for three years (I think) but some card companies (e.g. Lloyds) offer it free. Sentinel don't charge for the number of key bunches so we have nine tags for the three of us.

Snap...and you really nice brass tags too:thumb:

You can add key protection to most car or house policies. As well as supplying the tag, they cover for the cost of changing locks, replacing keys etc.

Like any form of insurance you are statistically better off without it, but it gives some peace of mind.

I've had some dogtags (both the pet kind and the pressed army kind) made with my email address and mobile number. Haven't lost keys yet, but I like to think that if someone finds my keys they would call me...

I have Sentinel tags through Lloyds Bank.

Daughter left her keys behind at college, someone handed them into the office, college rang the Freephone number, Sentinel rang us, we went to collect them... no drama, no fuss, all within an hour.
They also supply the same tags for luggage, but touch wood, never lost a suitcase.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom