Lost ablity to minimize programs from taskbar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxg

Car
CL 600
Lost ability to minimize programs from taskbar. I can maximize fine, win2k running with the latest updates. It started a few weeks ago. I have scanned the computer for virus's and other things nothing is coming up. I have had problems with the mouse as well it started to not select icons on the desktop and I would have to re-log on, I have reinstalled the mouse software (logitech) this seems to be now cured but still I have this problem with the taskbar.
Any suggestions much appreciated. :confused:

Lots of taskbar issues are reset by logging off and on (not shutdown).

Also fixes the vanishing taskbar icons issue (for a while).

Have you tried restoring to before the problem started.

Start:
Accesories:
System Tools:
System Restore

Iain said:
Have you tried restoring to before the problem started.

Start:
Accesories:
System Tools:
System Restore
How do you restore in win2k ??

Last edited:
w124coupe said:
Lots of taskbar issues are reset by logging off and on (not shutdown).

Also fixes the vanishing taskbar icons issue (for a while).

Thanks for the reply.
I have done that but it still wont let me minimize in the taskbar

Is this minimizing by left-clicking when the window is open or are you missing some (or all) of the right-click menu?

Do you have the Quick Launch Toolbar showing?

There is a button there for minimizing and maximizing all windows. If you are having a problem with it try removing it and adding it again

masqueraid said:
Is this minimizing by left-clicking when the window is open or are you missing some (or all) of the right-click menu?

No. Minimizing by clicking on the icon in the task bar when the program is on the desktop.

micosavo said:
Do you have the Quick Launch Toolbar showing?

There is a button there for minimizing and maximizing all windows. If you are having a problem with it try removing it and adding it again

I have tried doing that with no luck :(

Something else has just happened (if its connected). My mouse has suddenly stopped being able to DB click on icons on the desktop. I have top log off and on again to rectify......:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Try removing the Logitec Drivers altogether and run on the default M$ ones.

masqueraid said:
Try removing the Logitec Drivers altogether and run on the default M$ ones.
Done that. Unfortunately still have the problem.
Does anyone know how to allow some programs to load on startup in win2k so I could find by trial and elimination whats causing this problem.:confused: :confused:
:confused:

masqueraid said:
In order of preference:

Mike Lin's Start Up Control Panel

Which is far more flexible than MSConfig which is not included in Windows 2000 but the XP version will install and run fine.

Finally

M$'s Sysinternals Tools

Top gezzer
thanks for the links for the SUCP its a good piece of software MSConfig is very un-user friendly (cr*p) using it all day could not see one item that I had selected no to start was restarting its self (virus ???) is called msmsg.exe not sure if its msm related but some think it's a back door but with the SUCP I could watch it re-populate the reg. I found the file and renamed it and switched it off via SUCP :):):):) comp works. Thanks again for the reply masqueraid "nuff resect" :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom