Lost all my music, radio CD and ipod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc220cls

SUPPORTER
Car
220 CLS Shooting Brake & 350 SL
I decided to update all the music I’ve had on our old iPod for several years. At the same time I’ve purchased a second iPod (32gb) for use in the SL which I have still to put to the test.

However this morning I plugged the 8gb iPod into the CLS, now with updated music via iTunes and all the old stuff removed again via iTunes. I had no problems previously and even switched this iPod between the CLS and the SL where it played perfectly. My SL still has its cover on and I don’t want to test this iPod with it at this moment in time
However this morning in the CLS when I switch on the command display it still shows what was playing prior to disconnecting for the update and there is no sound whatsoever. On the iPod it clearly says “device connected” and it is playing the music normally if disconnected.
On top of this I have also lost sound on the radio and CD. I tried ejecting and re inserting the CD to no avail.
With the radio selected, if I switch the command off then on again when the radio station appears I get low sound for approx 3 seconds then nothing.

It’s obviously one of those annoying electrical glitches which seem to occur with our cars these days.
The car BTW is a 2017 CLS Shooting Brake and has just covered 17800 miles and is still under warranty.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted before I decide on whether to go back to MB service

I’ve looked through loads of videos on YouTube regarding Mercedes Command units but I can’t find anything regarding my problem.
This morning the car is still silent with no music on Radio, CD or iPod.
Again when switched on with the radio there is low sound for around two seconds then nothing.

Looks like I will have to go to MB service for help !

It's under warranty so let them fix it. You need to get it logged in the warranty system so that if it occurs again you are covered.

Got the car booked in for Monday and with a courtesy car.

But rather annoyingly the problem has “self healed”
This evening we were going out for a meal and on starting up “we have music” radio cd and more to point iPod and is now showing the updated music files.

Earlier when speaking to MB service they said they’ve never heard of this happening before, so I’m now unsure whether to cancel the booking or let them check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom