Lost AM reception after installing aftermarket unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
Ive removed the unit from my A170 (w169) and have good FM but no AM. My car had a standard roof aerial not Fakra, do I need to power an built in amplifier?

Ta

I think I have an aerial booster, can anyone tell me where I'd locate?

Try pulling out the trim on the right hand side of the boot (the whole caddy sort of folds down), you should see this:

31784690202_70792720d7_o.jpg

Try pulling out the trim on the right hand side of the boot (the whole caddy sort of folds down), you should see this:

31784690202_70792720d7_o.jpg

Hi
Has yours got fakra connectors? My A170 has a roof aerial with a standard Aerial connector going into the factory fit Audio 5. I've had a good look on the os
I'll keep looking. Ta

The above pic was taken in my car :)

I have Audio 20 and Power Sound option (extra speakers and subwoofer), and MOST-connected CD changer and telephone interface.

The above pic was taken in my car :)

I have Audio 20 and Power Sound option (extra speakers and subwoofer), and MOST-connected CD changer and telephone interface.

Remember if you go aftermarket you'll lose the cd changer and telephone

Remember if you go aftermarket you'll lose the cd changer and telephone

Of course. I already bought a [brand new] sliding box, which will replace the sliding tray with the telephone console in the armrest :thumb:

I'll probably sell them all - Audio 20, CDC, phone console & MHU - to offset some cost too :bannana:

I never found my booster but did find its power source which comes out of the iso block, presumably its better to only power it when the radio is on. Connected now and I have talk sport again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom