Lost contacts on phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you like Samsung phones Sarah, have a look at the Galaxy A10, big screen for those of us with less than optimun eyesight, takes 2 SIMS or 1 Sim and 1 micro SD card, we got ours a year or so back from O2 for about £100 and really like them. Only thing I'm not so happy with is that all the WhatsApp stuff is on the 32Gb phone memory rather than the micro SD card - which so far only has the camera photos. However, that's a WhatsApp thing not a Samsung thing! Love the way with Android you can plug the phone into the PC and not only see everything but also do things, so much better than the iPhone 4/4S's that we had before! You'll not see us going back to iPhones!!
Not sure about comparing a 2010 iPhone 4 with a 2019 Galaxy A10! My more recent iPhones allow me to see any contacts emails photos browsing tabs etc etc on my computer without even plugging it in 🙂. But tbf that’s only because we are an apple environment here so it all links up.

Quick update...

The local gadget shop was able to retrieve all my contacts and my pictures, so I'm a happy bunny.
I'm overdue an upgrade anyways, as my phone was pretty old, so when I get that I will make sure all the data is backed up. Thanks for all your help :thumb:
I try to use Google Contacts for all my family's Android phones but still need to be careful;

I had a Galaxy S6 and now have an S10 and when I save a new contact it will sometimes ask me which app to use - there's one with a blue icon which is Google contacts (I think) and and and orange one which, I think, is Samsung.

If you're not paying attention the manufacturer sneaks in and starts storing stuff somewhere else.......Really annoying.

Overall, though, Google Contacts works really well. They move from phone to phone and I can get them on various laptops & my tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom