Lost contacts on phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Guys, I dropped my mobile phone today and lost all the data, contacts etc. If you have me as a contact, could you please message me so I can add you, thanks

Were they not in the cloud (Google or iCloud?)
Presuming you have an account, it may have automatically been backing up for you.....

Hi Missy D don't think you are on my contacts, or I on yours, migh be an idea we could discuss high finance and world affairs, unfortunately I don't have your number and can't remember mine, it's my birthday on 27 th Jan, so try and remember to wish me happy birthday and I will "like' you, that could be construed as a start, hope this helps good luck to you and yours, 🌹 🛌 when I remember my number I will let you know. 💕💤.
Ps have you noticed my new Avatar that's me on the beach 3yrs since. Was thinking of a name change to "Legs Eleven" 🏋️

What make & model of 'phone?
Maybe someone can help you.
NJSS

If it was logged into a google account (if its an Android) then it will automatically restore them once you sign into a new phone.

I assume iCloud does the same on iOS devices.

If it was logged into a google account (if its an Android) then it will automatically restore them once you sign into a new phone.

I assume iCloud does the same on iOS devices.
Yes they do, and for an extra 79pence per month you can increase the cloud storage to 50mb, I would assume google offer very similar.

Were they not in the cloud (Google or iCloud?)
Presuming you have an account, it may have automatically been backing up for you.....
I couldnt see anything on my gmail account

As per my previous message. Once you sign into the new phone they will all appear once the Sync has completed.

(If you have backup enabed)

What make & model of 'phone?
Maybe someone can help you.
NJSS
It's an old Samsung Galaxy S6! There is a repair shop local that are going to have a look at it tomorrow, so hopefully be able to get the contacts and pictures from it, fingers crossed

As per my previous message. Once you sign into the new phone they will all appear once the Sync has completed.

(If you have backup enabed)
Nothing seemed to transfer over , so assume backup wasn't enabled :(

Hi Missy D don't think you are on my contacts, or I on yours, migh be an idea we could discuss high finance and world affairs, unfortunately I don't have your number and can't remember mine, it's my birthday on 27 th Jan, so try and remember to wish me happy birthday and I will "like' you, that could be construed as a start, hope this helps good luck to you and yours, 🌹 🛌 when I remember my number I will let you know. 💕💤.
Ps have you noticed my new Avatar that's me on the beach 3yrs since. Was thinking of a name change to "Legs Eleven" 🏋️
Wow, someone with the same birthday as me :)
Sarah I have messaged you

Sarah, on your phone, find and tap the settings icon (looks like a toothed wheel on my Samsung) and look at Backup, it will tell you if you had/.have backup enabled and if there is a retrievable backup on the Samsung cloud. Best be quick as Samsung are closing their cloud service soon and you have to transfer everything to OneDrive!

As killerhertz said Sarah, if you had a Google account on your previous phone (possibly for play store), then once you've logged into Google it will sync your old phone with your new one. Then go to settings, accounts and things Google settings and the ability to download your numbers should be there. Google tend to save things like numbers without you having to ask....

It says there is a sync error, its currently experiencing problems and will be back shortly.

Quick update...

The local gadget shop was able to retrieve all my contacts and my pictures, so I'm a happy bunny.
I'm overdue an upgrade anyways, as my phone was pretty old, so when I get that I will make sure all the data is backed up. Thanks for all your help :thumb:

Was never a fan of the new cloud stuff but I'm now a believer.

All my computer documents are in the cloud.

For phones, if I get a new one, I log it on and magically all my apps, contacts and pictures appear. ^

If you like Samsung phones Sarah, have a look at the Galaxy A10, big screen for those of us with less than optimun eyesight, takes 2 SIMS or 1 Sim and 1 micro SD card, we got ours a year or so back from O2 for about £100 and really like them. Only thing I'm not so happy with is that all the WhatsApp stuff is on the 32Gb phone memory rather than the micro SD card - which so far only has the camera photos. However, that's a WhatsApp thing not a Samsung thing! Love the way with Android you can plug the phone into the PC and not only see everything but also do things, so much better than the iPhone 4/4S's that we had before! You'll not see us going back to iPhones!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom